EP rejected ! Reason by HR was salary Is different than Job

Hi All

I am working on Singapore holding an EP.

I got new job offered and new employer applied EP on 24/12/2018 but On 7/11/2019 EP was rejected. 

The reason HR gave to me that offered salary is more than salary range in mentioned in job bank.

Actual fact is when I went for interview  for Job title A  and after interview they offer me Job title B.

Title A was posted in job bank and title B was not posted as far as I know and see in job bank.

Now employer post the Job title B and told me they will appeal for my EP pass.

May I know is there any chance to get it approved in this case?

Thanks!

A foreigner can only be hired after a job is posted on the jobs bank for two weeks without any suitable local person applying.
Apparently your employer did not do that (and thus your EP was rejected). So they have to post it now and if you are lucky (i.e. no applicant) they can apply for your EP afterwards.

Beppi rightly said about the issue.

Now, employer has to provide valid rationale with proof that they tried locally and didn't find a suitable employee with the required skills set for the position before they appeal at MoM.

Good luck

Thanks for reply @surya2k and @beppi.

So in this case it seems like they do advertisement only for the sake of formality.

Initially they apply without advertisement then pass rejected.
Now They want to appeal the rejected pass based on this advertisement.

What do you think weather it workable or what? 

Regards

They cannot advertise just for formality - they must, by law, preferentially hire any local applicant. Only if there is no suitable local applicant, then they can hire a foreigner (e.g. you).

I am in the same exact situation re: salary range discrepancy in the jobs bank posting vs salary declared in EP application. MOM gave the same exact reason and advice on way forward.

would be keen to know how your EP appeal went. hopefully not too long. good luck to us both!

hi laliteep,

did you eventually get your EP approved? would be useful resource for future reference. Thanks!

How was the outcome? I got the similar case also.

EP approved after 5 weeks of time. I have withdrawal the offer as it was too late!

laliteep wrote:

EP approved after 5 weeks of time. I have withdrawal the offer as it was too late!

hi laliteep

you mean five weeks from the time the reposting was made or five weeks from the date of the appeal?

Reposting 2 weeks + appeal result 5 weeks.

i see. it seems like it's the standard waiting time. i am reaching the 5wk mark on Monday so hoping for the best. thank you for your reply! all the best on your career!

There is no such standard waiting time. But you also can contact MOM via email or your employer can check with them and look for the reason for the delay.

Good luck..!!

as promised will give an update on my case.

today EP appeal got approved  EXACTLY three weeks from the date of the appeal. the reason for rejection was salary offered was beyond the range declared in the jobs bank.

-14 days jobs bank re-post with new range
-appeal a day after 14day reposting
-three weeks wait time to approval of appeal

so guys, I think just trust the process if it's a jobs posting issue and nothing else such as qualification, salary, and company profile. It is at best, a five week wait.