Hello from Australia!

Hey Guys!

I'm currently living in Australia and looking for potential work in Vietnam for this year. I've been in talks with a recruitment agency in Hanoi and also applied for work via vietnamworks.com in the Marketing industry.

I'm fairly open to any potential opportunities, can anyone suggest any other platforms I could look for work? Or is it easier to come over and apply for work when I'm in the country?

Thanks so much!

Hi Brit,

I think now in VN LinkedIn is also a good platform as it's the most professional social network for employment. And you'd better study and cross-check if feasible your chances and opportunities before leaving Australia as it would help save your time and efforts as well as avoid job scams against expats. Wish you luck!

Hey! Thanks so much for getting back to me!!! I'll check it out!!!

Yes I get pestered by recruiters in LinkedIn. They do searches for people in Vietnam with skills they want ( like "Vietnam marketing" ) so make your current country Vietnam.

Hi! What is the reason for moving from Australia to Vietnam? Sorry, if I'm asking too personal question.

gobot wrote:

Yes I get pestered by recruiters in LinkedIn. They do searches for people in Vietnam with skills they want ( like "Vietnam marketing" ) so make your current country Vietnam.

Don't know why, but Linkedln has been stalking me for more than 15 years now, from one country to another.  I've never registered, never befriended anyone on that site, never mentioned my skills online, and most of all, I've been out of the workforce for 19 years, why would they want to know me?

Ciambella wrote:
gobot wrote:

Don't know why, but Linkedln has been stalking me for more than 15 years now, from one country to another.  I've never registered, never befriended anyone on that site, never mentioned my skills online, and most of all, I've been out of the workforce for 19 years, why would they want to know me?

Most likely, someone you know allowed all of their contact info to be shared with them.

If they are following you from one email address (or set of contact info) to the next, then it is someone you know very well who likely uses their phone app and is allowing constant updates of their contacts' info.

Thanks, OB.  That explains it.

Ciambella wrote:
gobot wrote:

Cash, scammers, hopeless people fishing for hope, and idiots.
I got pestered in a big way but eventually joined so I could view profiles in order to sort out scammers on this site.
I created a profile only a moron would look twice at .... now get requests and invitations from morons.

Ciambella wrote:

Don't know why, but Linkedln has been stalking me for more than 15 years now, from one country to another.  I've never registered, never befriended anyone on that site, never mentioned my skills online, and most of all, I've been out of the workforce for 19  years, why would they want to know me?

Since someone from my former employer registered me with my business email address at LinkedIn, my private email address has been spammed by LinkedIn.

For me LinkedIn is one of the biggest spammers so I would never register there.

I also wonder which app has made a connection between my business email address and my private email address.  :nothappy:

Need a bit of a change and I love Vietnam!

Hello,
If you are an English teacher, i suggest you come here and apply personally in many international school here in Vietnam and the chance to be hired is very high.  Here in Ho Chi Minh, you can find many international school here.