The Best of Retirement Living

Welcome to beautiful Portugal,from green pine and intoxicating  eucalyptus in the north to ocean breeze and sunset of Algarve.
I became a lover of all things here,weather,food,wine, landscape, during a holiday 30 years ago with my now husband ,he is from a small town north of Lisbon.Working as a welder in Lisbon and around the country most of his youth I had a personal guide for all the  medieval  history,monuments,and stone castles,sitting along the avenues having coffee and irresistible  pastry or a cold beer for a couple of euro. Walking along Pria do Roche beach in Portimao where we reside is like a Jurassic Park movie. Cave like restaurants in the north with delicious BBQ meats,fresh vegetables great full bodied wines to fresh fish grilled while sitting on a patio under a umbrella with sunglasses and sandals what more could you ask for to relax in your well earned retirement.European countries are close,take a small jet and carry on luggage from Faro to Barcelona,France,Germany for a few days cheap .

Hi sunnurse, hi all,
yes Portugal is a lovely country for retirement. We will get our French, Spanish and German speaking mother of 92 years to our apartment in Lisbon. Physically she is doing very well, only she got highly forgettable. Any insights for support like femme de accompanie? We will create a job for the day and offer a room for a student for the night. Any experiences are highly welcomed.
Best regards,
Featherstone

Hi,my Mom is also 90,same as your Mom physically well,forgetful '' Living will,what will?"oh well she lives in Canada and says too hot in Portugal to visit.Love Lisbon considering Seixel area cross via ferry for day trips.