French_Filipino

Good Day!
I am 31 and my Fiancee is 32 she is French National and we are planning to get married this year, we already applied  legal capacity to get married last September 25,2018,I would like to ask if how long mostly it takes to get the certificate to get married?and last December i called the   embassy for follow up the girl on the phone told me that the only have rights to follow up the LCM is the French national.. Is that trye

Hi, I am a Vietnamese and planning to get married with my Filipina girlfriend as well. For the legal capacity certificate, that depends on the applicant's country, each country has different timeline. And for the embassy, it is correct that only citizen that embassy represents can make the request. For example, when I request for documents from Vietnam embassy, only me can make the request, if my fiancee goes there, they will not entertain even if I have an authorized letter for her.

For the marriage certificate, there is the a process. It will be different depends on the way you choose to get married. If you get married in the church, the requirements are more complex. If you get a civil wedding then it would be faster.

Process: Getting marriage license (10 days upon the full submission of the requirements) --> Use the marriage license to schedule a civil wedding (how long it will take will depend on the schedule of the judge or pastor that will facilitate your civil wedding) --> Once you have marriage certificate, submit it to Philippine Statistics Authority so the certificate is recognized nationwide. So I estimate around 1 month.

I will be applying for the marriage license next week! Wish me luck, I have never thought that getting married could be that complicated...

cah mong...
Good LUck and best wishes...