Looking for a job to work from home

Hello all,

I am looking for a job in Ibra, Ash Sharqiyah which is suitable for my profile. To give a better view, I would like to share my profile info. I did my Bachelors in Information Technology and worked in TCS as a Mainframe Developer from 2012 to 2015. Then I got married and moved to Ibra, Oman. My wish is to pursue a Master's degree, Canada and I achieved my dream in 2018. I completed  Masters in computing at Queens University, which is one of the topmost universities in Ontario, Canada. Now again I am back to Oman and lives with my husband. I am very serious in looking for jobs because I want to keep myself occupied and wish to support my husband. I am pregnant, so would not be able to go out and work for at least a year. That's the reason I am looking for jobs that can be done at home. Any kinda jobs, I would be flexible in doing it and will adapt myself to learn new technologies. Please suggest me some jobs or links or contacts that would help me to boost up my career and with good pay. Also, any jobs that I can apply for the next year 2020 if anyone could help or suggest that would be great. More importantly, I live in Ibra so please give me suggestions on working in Ibra. I have to take care of my family as well. I cannot move to Muscat by any chance.

-Thanks all

Hi Gangavignesh,

It would enlighten you greatly if only you would read the forum first before posting your much-discussed queries.

Firstly, no expatriate is allowed or permitted by law to be gainfully employed, full-time, or part-time, on any other visa except on an employment visa.

Please be aware that providing such employment propositions and receiving such offers would be regarded as illegal activities with unpleasant repercussions - if caught by the Ministry of Manpower authorities.

Secondly, as you would be well aware, Ibra is a small town with little or no requirements on the services you are willing to offer.

Yep, I do understand that. Firstly, if I know where are the opportunities available I can proceed with that in working under an employment visa. I am clueless on where to apply and whom to get in touch for a job. Also, I knew Ibra is a very small town with fewer openings, however, I would like to do my research on where I would fit into. Secondly, there would be some computer-related jobs everywhere. In every sector, they need a professional who is well versed in computer and handling things. Looking forward to knowing which are the sectors and positions available for me.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. Looking for a response to kickstart my career.

Hi Ganga,

I am also staying in Ibra and looking for work from home...but not yet got an opportunity.

Hi Priya,

Kindly let me know if there are opportunities you come across.