Meeting expats in Las Terrenas in February 2019

Hi guys, I plan to come to look for houses in Las Terrenas in February. I would like to meet some of the expats there. Is there a local where you guys hang out, or any meet up planned. Please let me know

Welcome to the forums. There is no formal Meetup planned in the area at this time.

Hopefully those in the area will respond with suggestions of where to meet other expats!

Hi!  We are taking possession of our new home on Jan 20th, Jardin secreto, las terrenas.  We know several people bin the area.  A great place to meet is Mojoitos owned by Carlos.  My friend, Elio, is a real estate agent with 21st Century and could help you.  We are from Niagara, Canada.  You can contact me. Good Luck & safe travels.  Gary

A quick reminder we do not allow emails or phone numbers to be published here. Once our staff remove your email it will be posted again.

For future reference, use the Private Message feature please.

Where is the private message option?  Gary

There are a few places that immediately come to mind for connecting with expats.

One Love Surf Shack in Pueblo de los Pescadores (Fisherman's Village) is one place you will always find expats. The owners, Barry and Kari, are wonderful and very welcoming. Thursday night trivia there is a blast!

Kiki's (across from the cemetery) is another good spot for English speaking expats.

Do you have a realtor you are working with? Most in the area are expats and can help plug you into the expat community.

Hi DD. spoke to you last year.  We bought a condo on the punta popy beach.  Gary, Niagara, Canada.

Gary -  click on the persons screen name. Then you will see options.....

Thanks for the directions. I do have a realtor, yes I beleive he will direct me further.

Planner.

How do I add my mug shot to my profile?

You have to go to your profile,  settings to add a picture honey.

Las Terrenas, like most tourist & expat areas it is easy to meet people. Gringos are easy to spot, just say hello. It only taes a minute or two to ascertain i they are the type of folks you may wish to know better. Usually tourists are easy to spot,  sun burned & looking a trifle out of place. Go for it, you will be surprised at the results. Enjoy your visit & don't rush into buying.  Rent first & explore the other areas & options. Have fun & welcome to the island.

Got and replied to Jasmine.

Hello Jasjasmkt,

I live in Las Terranas full time.  The expat community is very esay going and everyone will be happy to iffer their opions and share thier personal experiiences.  One Love in the Peblo de Pescadores is an unofficial expat hang out for English speakers and a great place to start your explorations from. You can feel free to contact me via private message if you want my contact info.  Welcome to the island!

Thanks, I would love to meet you. You can probably clue ne in in any aspects of living in DR. Drinks on me😊

Just let me know when you hit town and I will be happy to introduce you around.

HI am planing to go at the same location as you but not that soon
Can you pls keep me up to date
Thks

I will need same help too when i go to DR  :)
am looking for monthly rental apartment in Costambar, Puerto Plata and areas ,Las Terrenas ,  Samana  as I been suggested in this forum
Thank you all

Good day

Am planing to come to the same area
do u have any prices for monthly rental apartment for 2 bedroom
Thank you

Sorry but I really can't help with rental or real estate prices.  I built my home so I never had any reason to look at rental prices and I dont follow the local market at all.