What is life like during Tet?

Yesterday Friday, the great HCMC exodus has begun. We were on our way to Ben Luc on the QL1A.  :huh:

Next week we will be driving in D1, D3, D5 and D7.

My wife got her car driver's license last year. But she doesn't dare to drive in this breakneck traffic.  :o

During the Tet holidays is a good opportunity for her to gain practical experience without panicking as the centre of HCMC is not flooded with motorcycles as usual.

I hope she will be able to drive herself afterwards and I can relax in the passenger seat.  Because I don't intend irking me  about the brainless motorcyclists for the rest of my life.  :lol:

Saturday morning in D5, already much quieter, some shops closed, little traffic. I wish this was normalcy, Saigon streets reminding me of smaller cities for just one week.

Chúc Mừng Năm Mới to all.   

Giao thừa is over, fireworks and firecrackers no longer lit up the sky, I'm going to bed.  In 8 hours, our first footer will be here, and Tết Kỷ Hợi will begin for real (every day of the last week was just a long rehearsal).

We have food in the fridge, on top of the fridge, on the sideboard, on the livingroom table, on the dining room table, on the kitchen counter.  There are only two of us but we have enough food to feed a small hamlet for a long winter month.

We also have plenty of flowers, wine, cognac, butter cookies, shortbreads, candied fruits, fresh fruits, crabs, and shrimps.  All of them were gifts.  We'll be sated until April.

Ciambella wrote:

Chúc Mừng Năm Mới to all.   

Giao thừa is over, fireworks and firecrackers no longer lit up the sky, I'm going to bed.  In 8 hours, our first footer will be here, and Tết Kỷ Hợi will begin for real (every day of the last week was just a long rehearsal).

We have food in the fridge, on top of the fridge, on the sideboard, on the livingroom table, on the dining room table, on the kitchen counter.  There are only two of us but we have enough food to feed a small hamlet for a long winter month.

We also have plenty of flowers, wine, cognac, butter cookies, shortbreads, candied fruits, fresh fruits, crabs, and shrimps.  All of them were gifts.  We'll be sated until April.

Guess you can "pig out", eh?

Chúc mừng năm mới!
~☆~🤩🎊🤩🎉🤩~☆~
Happy Lunar New Year 2019