Rent in Corozal district Belize

Hello, my husband and I are wanting to retire in Belize. We have looked at Corozal, and was wondering if anyone could give us some nice not expensive places to live in Corozal district.  What are some of the villages outside of Corozal, that have an expat community.  We have no idea what it would cost to rent a 2 bedroom apartment or small 2 bedroom house.

Hi,
I saw your post and thought I would give up a little of my knowledge.

Rent: It can run anywhere from $150 Bz per month to over a thousand Belize Dollars per month. It just depends on what you are willing to do without.

A two bedroom,single family home in Corozal will be between $250 and 750 per month. Most homes are without any appliances or furniture. Cabinet and counter space with be limited. There are some furnished homes and apartments in town but they are limited. Make arrangements well in advance to rent one of those places ($600 -1200/month).

If your are rich, then expect the price to go up according to your wants and desires.

Folks, I consider this country to be one of the safest in the world considering current world events. Yes. there is corruption here. This is a pirate culture and to get by be prepared to slip an officer a bribe. Sorry, but it's how things work here. Believe me when I tell you it's a much better way to go.

Hope this info helps you in some small way.

Stay Safe,

Stan Allen

thank you for the info... we are on a limited budget for now at 1100 per month... I am trying to get SSID and as you know that takes a while.. I am also a travel agent and I just opened my own agency and it is all done online.  So hopefully that will be extra money coming in every month.  Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated....