Let's make a wish for 2019!

I wish that everybody regardless of race religion could speak to each other more kindly . I try to live by the saying If you can't say something nice keep quiet .For myself I'm hoping to live in Spain this year .

Someone can say twenty nice things and mean them but it will be the one harsh word that will wound the recipient and stay with them . May I wish you all a happy healthy 2019  May the wind be behind you as you go through this year .😇

Sunflower Fiona wrote:

I wish to be a better person than I was in 2018..Work even harder to reach my Goals.And Listen to my Brain rather than my Heart.Heartbreaks Hurt like #%^*€£¥ 😂❤️
Happy New Year from myself and the Fiji Islands.2019 please be Good to Us.

Yes yes this is the point: We always wish and count on calendrical  time to get these wishes put into practice; My wishes are : ( I look forward to change , to a better person , to reconsider my attitude , my approach , my way of thinking, my policies , my decisions and undertakings in all respects , to have an eagle's eye view to myself and find answers to my quests: why I have been this behind or this lazy or this stagnant or this unlucky etc How do I make 2019 a better year for me and for mankind, what should I be doing to get more progress , be more seen and better invest my qualifications and enjoy my life happy ...etc

Hello ,the key I think is renewing the way you think , it's hard but it's pissible . Don't think negatively  because nothing good comes out of being either cynical or negative . It's draining for the people you live with or love. I wish you nothing but the best my friend .

My wish is for my dream to come true & live forever in the sun instead of this wet cold climate that calls itself the UK. It's just persuading my husband to have the same wish 😔

Ha we have the same wish exactly . We going to spain for 2 months in about 8 weeks time , it's just getting him to stop overthinking things . I hope we both get our hearts desire x

Would be nice if Ecuador would change the law for immigrants so that they can bring their vehicle with them.

For example:

I was here last year with my own 16 year old motorbike from Switzerland.
I travelled from the south of Chile to Colombia.
I do have a little house here in Ecuador so I tried to leave the bike here.
But there is no legal way to do this.
So I had to send the bike back to Switzerland.
Now I bought I used one here, a 10 year old bike.
First; the vehicles here ar far too expensive.
Second; the 16 year old bike I had to send back to Switzerland was in
10 times better condition than the 10 year old bike I bought here.
(The bike I bought here would never pass the technical revision in Switzerland)
Third; I would have paid taxes to leave the bike here.

Maybe the Ecuadorian politicians should think about this.

Regards from Ibarra

Joe Giger

Wish you a very happy and peaceful new year all of you...

Having lived comfortably in Spanish in Quito for ten years i plan to move this coming summer, 2019. To Loja ?  Cuenca ? Colombia?

Additionally, I intend to expand my guitar playing ability.

Hugh

All I want is a good education for all Indonesians, that including English language lessons from age 5.

.. and a good internet xonnextion ... and a bigger keyboard on my phone so I don't make as msny typos

May everybody have A Healthy, Happy, Prosperous And Bountiful 2019

My wish is to travel back to China again and this time stay longer than last year.

So many great wishes made like these through the ages, maybe this time some of this will come to pass. I want to, but can't say that I'm an optimist on this subject. Hope & faith is what keeps us sane.

I wish expat.com would do away with mods.

I wish for a world wide excellent for all. Look what happened in the U.S. with the millenials. 50% don't even know who won the Cival war.   What war?..............

Healty & Wealthy life .with happiness with my Family.Ameen.

To retire in Bali😀. We are renovating our house for sale. We are selling our investment property. We will then be free of all Australian constraints. Free to live our dream😎😃

I hope the world learns that everyone deserves to be seen as having value and that with a difference there can be valuable lessons to be learned.

I love to work, collaborate and contribute so MY wish is that I get my butt down there ASAP and am further blessed to be able to meet and network with good people who will help me to get plugged in to doing what I do best.

Oh, and FINALLY take some time off too!  None since 2004! LOL

Happy New Years to all of you!

JR

My wish is for more good news in the media and for everyone to accept people rather just criticize everyone else for being different.

I wish I could understand what is my major goal in my life?, what do I suppose to do here? or what is my main responsibility which I have to do before dying?

I will tell you what I know.  It may not be right for you.

Find the place to you that feels good, seek the company of good people.

Find out where the "pain" in the market is.  What are the big challenges and honestly assess if you can help.  Keep moving through that matrix until you find a good 'fit'.

For at the intersection of your abilities and pain in the market lies a challenge.  A challenge is a 'problem' cloaked in opportunity.

Find the leverage therein, act naturally and ethically.

At the intersections of leverage, talent and pain lies opportunity.  If you do well by others than financial security will follow if you are cautious.

I wish you well,

JR

I hope you find your purpose - I think 🤔 you find it in your dreams.
Happy 2019 !

My wish is for Vietnam to offer Retirement VISA's

My wish is four-fold, inter-related: That all over the world people are kinder to each other and to all the wonder that surrounds us and keeps us safe here on this lovely earth - that everyone learns that competing - for anything, or everything, is NEVER the best way and so gives up entirely ALL forms of competition, and of asymmetric power - that we take to the other ways which are many, and ultimately far more effective, make our lives lovely journies, to the benefit all of us. That we treat all others as we would be treated - with love, respect, thoughtfulness, admiration, joy - and the great human spirit of magnificent mutual adventure! peace, XS

Thank you dud, your words are useful, sure, thank you so much.

As this wonderful story and this little saying helped me recover my love of life in my darkest hours about 10 years ago and continues to do so, I share it here. I hope it does not cause offense:

The Grand-Uncle told the sad and unhappy young family member about the two wolves inside all of us. He explained one wolf is angry, cold, violent and deadly all of the time, while the other wolf is always serene, warm, gentle and supportive. As they are inside us there is always a constant fight going on as the deadly wolf wants to gain control of the human they both inhabit. The young child asked the old uncle which wolf wins. The uncle's reply was: "The wolf you feed".  Now I remember those wolves and remember to stay on the side of the supportive wolf in
all I do and say, always, and in everything I do. It works. I feel much better, and life, though still hard, seems considerably better, and improving all the time1

My warm and wonderful father, a world-class pessimist, still had some
magnificent positive ideas. His ideas stay with me, always, even though he is long gone -  to some other dimension, wonderful, I'm sure. One of his ideas agrees that in every dark and thunderous storm-cloud there is indeed a silver lining. My Dad thought sometimes the lining could be gold, even. What he tacked onto the end of that ancient saying was that one simply must spend TIME -  optimistically reviewing your storm-cloud. If you do that, then the opportunity will pop out and then you can take advantage of it! Peace, XS

Lovely, I love that mental picture you build of the wind assisting from behind.
peace, XS

This morning we had two young bull elephants pulling up reeds from the pond and then moseying on.  That's what I wish all of us.  That we have a buddy for the journey and the freedom to roam.

Happy New Year to Everyone..God Bless All!!

I wish for a peaceful healthy happy life, and that my new business gains momentum in Zürich. Best wishes to the team. Paul Sanderson

i wish health ,peace and happiness for all the world

To meet new people, find a job and settle into my new and exciting life in Ireland!

I hope we all live in peace

happy new year 2019  to you :)

i wish personally to get more friends from Myanmar and nepal who live in France:) (marseille to be precise )

take care

laura

I live in egypt

I wish they would have the Correo taken over by the Ecuador Government.

Out of $300 worth stuff off Ebay, Zero arrived  at my Post Office Box in Manta.
There is no Post Office here in Puerto Lopez. Even DHL cannot find
their Office here unless they phone first from Manta...only a problem
because nobody here speaks Spanish.

Julien wrote:

[img align=C]https://www.expat.com/images/misc/expat-new-year-2019.gif[/url]

The Expat.com team wishes you a Happy New Year 2019 !

Let's make a wish for this new year : the one that you all succeed in your expat projects, whether you are about to move or already living abroad. We wish you all the best !

What's your wish for 2019? Share it with us!

Julien

PEACE on EARTH

My wish is all expat can contributes to the local charity who take care of old folks home and homeless kids and solo mum / dad.

Jeff Gan

Peace, love and organically grown vegetables.

hat dishonest upscale mgrs, stop sabataging good honest contractors in order for their family to continue doing the work. The shame of it is that the owners are getting short shrift.  May the guilty pay & the good triumph.  Good luck with that wish.  I wish that the good will out. Give the kids a chance at  decent education.  It is too late for most. It is a valid wish & hope, you gonna delete it?

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR