Having a baby to an indonesian

hello just need some clarification,
my daughter lives and works in bali with a kitas and has found out pregnant to an indonesian. He doesn't want anything to do with the baby .
my question is what visa does the baby go under so she can continue working living there  and how does she go about getting a indonesian passport for the baby if he is not willing to sign any paperwork .
She will fly back to australia for the birth though .
thanks for any help

Obtaining an Indonesian passport for the baby requires an Indonesian parent's name on the birth certificate.
That can be hard work to impossible when the parents are unmarried but is likely to be a massive problem if the father isn't interested, worse if he obstructs the process.

Further, illegitimate kids can have problems in later life with all sorts of official paperwork as most of it requires both parents' names - Even getting a school place can be an issue.

We're married but we've had the odd problem, those including getting the kids' passports. We got them but had to sort out issues created by an immigration officer that wasn't familiar with the rules.
Point being, if the father obstructs the process, your chances are low to zero.

Once officially accepted as the father, the kid can't get a passport unless he signs the application, and there's no way to force that.

If your daughter has kitas 312,

Kitas 317 is suitable for the baby.

But first settle the passport issue

xheers,
rick

ricardo001 wrote:

If your daughter has kitas 312,

Kitas 317 is suitable for the baby.

But first settle the passport issue

xheers,
rick

A KITAS probably won't be any serious headache but pointless if the kid has an Indonesian passport.

Any clue as to how to sort that one out?

I would suggest contact your embassy immediately to inform them of the situation and any suggestions they may have

It's unlikely the baby would get a passport with no Indonesian entered on an Indonesian birth certificate for both parents to be on a birth certificate you must be married or district court and dna test etc
travel documents would be needed to leave and to enter Oz
I would suggest returning to Oz if not for simplicity but health care side of things
Some vaccinations are difficult to obtain in Indonesia and some (small amount) of hospitals I've visited are disgusting and many nurses lack basic training, on the flip side many talented staff/ doctors
I was unmarried to my sons mother and we got him an Indonesian passport very simply (about 5 days) and when married and his birth certificate updated a uk one (2/3 weeks)
Personally it's a no brainier to leave Indonesia and think about it later

Gwmeath is correct,consult with their embassy.

Our expertise on visa processing.

As long they have requirements as mentioned can process visa.

hello just need some clarification,
my daughter lives and works in bali with a kitas and has found out pregnant to an indonesian. He doesn't want anything to do with the baby .
my question is what visa does the baby go under so she can continue working living there  and how does she go about getting a indonesian passport for the baby if he is not willing to sign any paperwork .
She will fly back to australia for the birth though .
thanks for any help

Answer : Based on law no. 12 of 2006, concerning Indonesian citizenship, article 4 states that Indonesian citizens are : (one of them in letter h)
"child born outside of a legal marriage from a person mother of a foreign national recognized by a father Indonesian citizen as a child and confession it was done before the child was 18 (eighteen year) or not yet married."

This means that as long as his father who is an Indonesian citizen wants to recognize the child, then the child does not need any visas because she/he automatically becomes an Indonesian citizen and has the right to obtain an Indonesian passport at any time.

maybe that clarification is what you asked for.

sorry, I mistakenly responded to your question, for your case, if the father does not want to acknowledge the child, then the child is automatically a foreign citizen and is not entitled to get an Indonesian passport directly.

Later the child can attend his mother's residence permit (ITAS) in Indonesia with a family/dependent  visa (code 317).

Requirements :
1. Copy of passport mother and child
2. Copy of mother ITAS/IMTA
3. Copy of child birth certificate
4. Copy of company sponsor data where the mother works
5. Copy of bank balance min USD 1,500 or equivalent

submitted through the Indonesian embassy to obtain a visa (code 317) and then get a limited stay permit (ITAS) in accordance with the validity period of his mother

Note. the regulation about Indonesian citizenship is in law no. 12, year 2006