'EG' VISA QUESTION for Cambodia

Hello I will be travelling to Cambodia soon and will ask for E (ordinary) visa on arrival.

I then wish to apply for the EG Visa for 6 months,

however...

I have a previous Cambodian Visa that was given to me 2 years ago whilst doing a border run from Thailand. The visa has expired but will I still be eligible for an EG visa?

If not can you extend the ordinary visa?

Thanks

-Nathan

Hello.

Any previous visas or extensions are not important, they are invalid now.

Other than some countries in SE Asia Cambodia does not have restrictions on how many times you can apply for a visa or extension.

So just come in on an Ordinary visa and extend it with a 6 months EG extension.
The EG (General) extension is meant for people seeking employment, so it could be possible that you have to sign a letter that the agent provides, about what kind of work you are looking for. That's all, no other docs required.

The Ordinary visa can only be extended with an E-type of extension (EG, EB, ER, ES) for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months, but the EG is max. 6 months.
The EG extension is multiple entry so during the 6 months you can leave the country and come back without any hassle.

Cheers.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Awesome thanks Joe

NathanTravels :

Awesome thanks Joe

:thanks:  :thanks:  :thanks:

I am in Cambodia right now.  If you get a tourist Visa you cannot renew it after 30 days. If you get a ordinary Visa which is the same as a business Visa you can. Go to lucky lucky moto in Phnom Penh to get your Visa extended.  They are trustworthy and understand the complex visa situation.

Tallman.

The OP's questions were already answered to satisfaction of the OP.

On top there are more reliable agents than the one you mention.

Please stay on topic and don't post unnecessary info.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

I just got my EG visa renewed (multiple entry) for 12 months. It's all about who you know here. It cost $389

thefrumone :

I just got my EG visa renewed (multiple entry) for 12 months. It's all about who you know here. It cost $389

That is $100 more than the normal price!

So you paid $100 to not go out and come in? Would have been cheaper to do a visa run.

Also check your passport, there is no such thing as a 12 months EG extension of stay, the max. is 6 months.

If it says 12 months you know it's fake and when caught you will be expelled and put on the blacklist.

Advise to everyone: stay within the rules, it's not complicated and saves a lot of money and trouble!

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Yes, I was aware of the $100 service fee. For me it's ok, I value time more than money. My mistake it is a EB visa.

thefrumone :

Yes, I was aware of the $100 service fee. For me it's ok, I value time more than money. My mistake it is a EB visa.

Ok that clears the extension (not visa) question.

This thread is about EG extension of stay, so I wondered.

Cheers

Joe

where did you get your extension?