Mail Holding Services

Has anyone heard of a local service in Budapest that would allow me to send letters or parcels to that location to hold until a friend or colleague of mine can pick up this mail?
Thanks

https://www.posta.hu/postalpoints

Thank you very much. this has been most helpful  :)

yw

Sorry, I have a follow up question. Is it possible for me to send an international package from the US and address the package to a Post Office in Budapest and have my friend pick up this package directly from the post office rather than have it delivered to their home address?
I looked at the Parcel Terminal option and it seems to only be set up for domestic packages.

Pass, try to call their customer service, maybe they speak english and can answer your question. I know some of the larger courier companies do have this service for international packages too.

swmiko wrote:

Sorry, I have a follow up question. Is it possible for me to send an international package from the US and address the package to a Post Office in Budapest and have my friend pick up this package directly from the post office rather than have it delivered to their home address?
I looked at the Parcel Terminal option and it seems to only be set up for domestic packages.

What you are talking about is Post Restante as it's called in Europe.  It used to be fairly common in Europe but I've never ever used it myself.

See here: Post Restante

There's e-mail address which might get answered.  It says they'll keep it for 10 days.  Lots of rules around it so best to ask.

I also wonder about this service.
We asked our postman in our house if he knew about holding our mail and he told us it would be easier to get one of the neighbors to check our box when we are gone.
Well, we didn't really want to go that route but we did.

Just rent a PO box.