Visa Question

Hey Guys,

Just a quick question.

I am travelling to Cambodia on January 13th (Kuala Lumpur to Shianoukville).

I was looking to stay on the island of Koh Ta Kiev from January 13th, 2018 - May 3rd, 2018 - I am just destressing from the Western world for a couple of months and Koh Ta Kiev is a great location to do so.

I came to Cambodia in 2016 (when it seems the visa laws were a little more relaxed) and I had an extension on my visa for 6 months.

I am a dual citizen of both the UK (stamped in cambodia in 2016) and Canada. I was just wondering with the changes in the regulations of issuing visas how I would obtain a visa extension for either 3 months or 6 months?

Any help on this situation and what visas/documentation would be required would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hello.

You can come in on an Ordinary (E) visa.

After a week you apply for a 3 months EG (General) extension of stay, the only thing you need is an indication what kind of work you are looking for (e.g. teaching).

That would cover your stay. You can also apply for a 6 months EG extension, same rules.

If you're over 55 you could apply for a retirement (ER) extension, no docs needed.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

JoeKhmer wrote:

Hello.

You can come in on an Ordinary (E) visa.

After a week you apply for a 3 months EG (General) extension of stay, the only thing you need is an indication what kind of work you are looking for (e.g. teaching).

That would cover your stay. You can also apply for a 6 months EG extension, same rules.

If you're over 55 you could apply for a retirement (ER) extension, no docs needed.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Is the EG EOS only allowed to use once by the same person under the current rules?

Quote: Is the EG EOS only allowed to use once by the same person under the current rules?

All EOS are the same, 1 and 3 months are single entry and 6 and 12 months are multiple entry.
EG extension of stay is maximum 6 months, but that one is multiple entry, so you can leave and enter the country as many times as you want during those 6 months.

Joe

JoeKhmer wrote:

Quote: Is the EG EOS only allowed to use once by the same person under the current rules?

All EOS are the same, 1 and 3 months are single entry and 6 and 12 months are multiple entry.
EG extension of stay is maximum 6 months, but that one is multiple entry, so you can leave and enter the country as many times as you want during those 6 months.

Joe

Sorry for not getting the question written clearly.

Does one get no further EG EOS after the original EG EOS expires because the same person can only be allowed to get EG EOS once under the current rules?

There are several stories of people getting EG extensions twice or even 3x.

But this is not a guarantee, you have to be lucky to get it, but you can always try.

Good luck.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thank you very much for your informative post - it is greatly appreciated.

I was slightly worried with the change in visa regulations, but it seems I won't have to be?

I was thinking of trying to get the 6 month EG Visa in case I stay out in Cambodia longer than anticipated, is it just as easy to get te 6 month EG Visa as it is the 3 month one?

Do I need to supply some form of letter with my extension application? I was thinking of just going through one of the agents n Shianoukville, is this the same process?

Thanks again Joe, you're help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

You get the same procedure for 3 or 6 months.

Go to Mottah travel on Ekarech street and the lady will do what is necessary to get the 6 months EG extension. You have to sign and thumbprint a letter, she got the letter preprinted.

Good luck.

Joe

Hey Joe,

Thank you very much for the advice, you are a great help!

Kind regards,

You are welcome  :thanks: