Do I need a letter from CBR when exchanging my driving license?

Hello all, I have one quick question about exchanging a non-EU driving license to a Dutch driving license.

I am originally from South Korea and I am eligible to exchange my driving license without 30% ruling document. Based on what I know, the documents I need to prepare are:
- Certified translation of my driving license together with my original license
- Proof that I have been living for at least 185 days in the country where I obtained my license
- Verklaring van Geschiktheid

I have submitted my Eigen verklaring a few weeks ago and have checked that CBR made a decision and I can apply for a driving license now based on what I see on mijn.cbr.nl. The website says that "U kunt naar de gemeente om een nieuw rijbewijs aan te vragen". However, what I have heard from others is that I need to receive a letter from CBR and show it at the municipality office when I am applying for an exchange.

It says that the decision has been made last week, and I have not been receiving a mail from CBR until today. Should I contact CBR to confirm whether they sent me a letter, or do you think it would be okay if I just go to the city hall without the letter?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Who are the "others" you have heard this from?  What does it say in the e-mail you received, i.e. does it say wait for a letter from us?

I suspect that the e-mail that was sent to you was also cc'd to the Gemeente; try giving them a call to see what you need to bring with you.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Same issue. Any feedback?