Denied visa to Canada

So I am Canadian and just married 2 months to Brazilian living here in Brazil as waiting to return or thinking we could ,,,,,,,last year 2017 he applied for visa to come visit me was denied ,,,ok I understand that ,,,because of reasons ,,,but now we are married and Im sponsering him and he just get denied again???like really,,,So is there anyone directly I can speak with about this ?Can they really keep him out ?no hes not criminal,,no convictions,,,he works,,,he has university degree, im his sponser ,,,
Any advise greatly appreciated ,,,,

Thanks

Kimmie

You should post this in the Canada forum.  It's doubtful that anyone in the Brazil forum will be able to help you  much.

That's why I dislike the so called 1st World.....welcome to our reality as second class citizens when you from a developing country (From South Africa Originally)

They think you bringing him there to stay

Kimmie I am not sure who to speak with and from my understanding they do not have to say why, but should be explained to him at the Canada Consulate. What type Visa did he apply?

Thank you ,,we applied temporary visa

Canada normally very up front as why a visa was denied. Many things are reviewed as to wanting to work and just getting a temp visa sends "flags" as to someone being Canadian and bringing a husband into Canada just for a short stay and his financial status.
Not an expert on Canada but there are many here that may help more.

Yes I understand,,,,but why is it a problem for him if he want to stay and I am supporting him ?
Should I have filled out other visa type?

Thank you

Canada is very protective of others taking a Canadian jobs. One of the biggest issues when arriving.
If he did not have a return ticket or the means to support himself it does bring issues.
When living in US and traveling around in Canada via car, I was asked many questions as to work and support. I had proof of funds (and they verified) and let me in. Of course I did not need a Visa, but even so was asked why. and went to secondary (my first time ever in any country) for the questions.
I do not know if you can show proof of financial support for him covering the time frame of the visa.

thank you for your reply,,,its frustrating,,so now I will get a lawyer who deals in cases being denied ,,,but I am awaiting email from the canadian embassy here as to ask whats best route,,,if they answer lol
I can live here not a problem ,as its cheap for me with conversion ,,and can go home when I want ,but its so unfair I think ,,that people cant go where they want ,,,depending on support from another,,,and regards to working Canada is bringing in people all the time to work ,but I guess it suits there needs ,not others

Did you go to the Embassy or Consulate?
May be expensive for a lawyer here and knowing Canada's immigration law.
As said above post on Canada expat site.

went through vfsglobal ,,,,,,,,,,Embassy only does online now ,and was same application ,,,and yes the lawyer works with special cases who has been denied as he has been denied 3 times now,,,so i think the only way to go ,,,will be 10 thousand real but conversion wont be as bad

Understand.
But I just do not understand why he was not given the reason. I (company) had locations in Canada which we sponsored employees, but still they were screened and sent us notification as to why work visa was denied.
Now other countries do not have to or will not give a reason and if appealed they go through the motions again but still denied.

Yes did give reason ,and was from Consulate,,based on his travel history(which he has travelled to mexico and home again)
based on family ties in Canada(yes Im canadian and has much family there ,we was going for xmas
based on purpose of trip(tovisit for xmas
based on his current employment(hes a clerk in a store)
based on his personal assets (I was supporting him )

There was no reason ,,really,,,because it was all legit

Kimmie,,,,Frustrated ,,,

Well Kimme I am not much help for Canada.
Good luck.

It's hard to believe that a Brazilian lawyer can get your husband a Canadian visa; as a Canadian citizen, you'll probably have more luck dealing with Canadian officials yourself.  Good luck -- I hope that you get something for your R$10.000.

Auubree Where would you suggest if you have suggestions would be very appreciated ,,
and I was speaking with a Australian who visits here she was an exchange student years ago and still comes to see her extended family here and she met a Braziian and married,,she needed to pay 10.000 to get him s visa to her country as well ,but was in US dollars so that was alot also ,,,its crazy

Before paying anything to anyone in Brazil, I would recommend calling the Canadian Embassy in Brasília, and asking someone there how to get a visa for your husband to visit Canada.

I imagine you'll need to hire a lawyer to appeal the case. The government is like that, they'll deny the case for any reason, sometime even if there is no reason. They need to keep the migration lawyers employed.

Shouldn't be too expensive, if there's no criminal record and he's available to pay taxes.

I emailed the Embassy and they forwarded my email to the consulate ,,and dont do appeals ,,but only new cases with any new information we can add ,,but I just emailed Embassy again and asked them if they could give me some insight to how I should apply again ,through Canada or here ,,but last time was with VGS Global so thats the same as Canada ,Im guessing ?
but this lawyer here she works on special caes told us how an iran woman was denied 4 times but she got it for her ,,,so???

Kimmie I would not try e-visa again. I would go through consulate. They can interview him and you and may understand better.
Spend your money on a face to face visit instead of a lawyer.
As I mentioned when I went to Canada (US citizen) they took me to secondary and took all of 5 minutes showing financial info and they did a quick background check with no issues.  I mention this because I was surprised as to secondary (and adjoining country) when I travel over the world and never needed secondary. They just wanted face to face and answer the question "do you or have you owned a firearm?" I said yes (almost every one has or does own one in the US) and that was what they wanted to ask about

Thanks so much
I emailed them waiting a reply ,,or do you know how we would go about doing interview,,?
Also I was wondering would it be easier to apply for US visa ?Apparently Ive heard here that alot of Brazilians have done this and got through easier ,,,,

Kimmie

Do not believe things you hear......How would enter Canada from US? You are still going to need a visa. Cannot sneak in. You/he can face civil penalties, banned for life, and deported.
Sao Paulo would be the consulate.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-re … uides.html

No of course not sneak in ,apparently they issue you one there easy if you get to states ,,,,but yes dont believe everything ,,,,,,I wouldnt try it ,,,just putting it out there to see if anyone did it ,,,

You/he are not a US citizen so it would be same process in US as here.
US citizens do not need a visa, but Canada will not allow a U.S. citizen into the country who does not have the proper documentation to return home.
There are so many that tried before and during the last US election. All are "vetted" and process is slower.
Does he have a US Visa? If not US is more difficult than Canada and presently with all the undocumented immigrant trying to enter slowing further

Texanbrazil wrote:

Does he have a US Visa? If not US is more difficult than Canada and presently with all the undocumented immigrant trying to enter slowing further

Citizens of Brazil who hold a valid non-immigrant U.S. visa or who have held a Canadian visa in the past 10 years can apply for eTA when arriving by air

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-re … izens.html

Well, it is her husband and she is sponsoring him.  Of course she is bringing him to stay. 
It would be advisable to ask the Canadian government (or consulate) the reason he was denied a visa.
I imagine the must disclose.
Good luck

If you can only bring back time... A fiancee visa for him could have been more effective. They cannot prohibit you from marrying a foreigner as long as you have the means of financial support upon his arrival in Canada...

"Yes did give reason ,and was from Consulate,,based on his travel history(which he has travelled to mexico and home again)
based on family ties in Canada(yes Im canadian and has much family there ,we was going for xmas
based on purpose of trip(tovisit for xmas
based on his current employment(hes a clerk in a store)
based on his personal assets (I was supporting him )"

These are reasons I believe a face to face meeting with the CA Embassy would help. Going via "evisa" and just not being able to speak/ answer the questions about the denial reasons, give CA rights to deny.

I agree with Tex. 
As I said way above, you really need to discuss his case with a Canadian consular official, personally.  You're a Canadian citizen, they're here to help you. 
Something in his application is making their system go "TILT", but as long as it's not a criminal record, there should be a human workaround.

Are you now living in Canada and he is living in Brazil?

I have come across many similar cases for Canada, US and UK.

The problem is that when you apply for a temporary / visit visa and you mention that the person is your spouse, the first question that comes to mind for immigration is why you are not going through the route of a spouse / fiancee / family visa.    And this is even more of a question when you are living in Canada and can actually sponsor your spouse for the proper visa. But it is a much more time consuming and thorough process vs. a temporary visa.

For a temporary visa, when you are applying for a spouse and that spouse doesn't have strong financial means of their own, have stronger ties to Canada vs. where they are living currently and there is a lack of travel history (for leisure or business), the automatic assumption that is reached is that this visa application is being made to settle in Canada through a quicker route (and not to return at the end of the trip).  And in this case, the visa is highly likely to be refused.   And especially since a LOT of people abuse this to get their spouses to join them in Canada, UK and US (very long wait times in some countries for proper spouse visas) - so immigration are already on the lookout for this.

If you are living in Canada, the ideal route is for you to bring him through a spouse visa.  It doesn't matter even if you are living abroad, you can still sponsor him on the spouse visa provided that you can demonstrate that you plan to settle in Canada in the near future.   I think the temporary visa would be tricky unless you can allay their concerns.  If you don't, the visa will continue to get rejected.  All a lawyer will do is basically take the issues that I have highlighted in the paragraph above and attempt to address them with documentation or statements - that is all.   He/She will not have ANY influence on the decision of the consulate.  And this is something you can even do yourself if you research the visa guides on the government websites, are organized and logical :)