How the life in here looks like ?

Hello everyone
I'm considering moving to Sofia, job offer from Telus International. I'm currently in Malta but it isn't any good, I was just wondering how the life in here looks like. Malta wrecked my head, so I dont want to move again and have up the hill all the time, If you know what I mean. I've read that its possible to find studio apartment for about 150-200 euros... is it? And when it comes to work and having contract, is everything as it should be- coz in Malta and that's the reason i want to move- it isn't.... Any info let me know. Cheers.

Hi hebila,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread with your post on the Bulgaria forum for more visibility and interaction with the members.

For more information about life in Bulgaria, i invite you to have a look at the Living in Bulgaria guide. It might help you :)

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hello Hebila,

It is a bit strange choice between the mediterranean Malta with hot climate, and the sea all around and on the other hand Sofia with its continental climate, four seasons, cold winters, hot summers, mountains and beautiful springs and autumns. It is about - 2 degrees here right now but it will reach - 15 at some point and + 35 during the summer.
But since you've decided - yes Sofia is a good place to live and work. Telus offices are located in the very center of the city, in a huge building:
http://citytower.bg/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/image-01-3.jpg

Very close to the cinemas, theaters, restaurants, bars, cafes and shops of the pedestrian zone in the capital. In addition there are subway stations pretty close, which gives you fast and easy access to almost the entire city + the airport.

map

It is possible to rent a small flat for about 200 EUR, just it will probably not be very close to the place where you'll be working. Speaking about this, work at TELUS is not great, but is a good start here. Especially if the salary suits you. And of course it depends on your qualifications and experience. Many people from Poland work in Sofia. Working will be arranged with all the necessary contracts and fully legal.

To differ from Malta, the seaside here is about 4 hours away by car, and almost one hour by plane. But you can choose between the shores of Black sea in Bulgaria or White sea in Greece.
On the other hand the ski zone is just half an hour away from the center of Sofia which is a big advantage, and the mountains are really amazing all year round.

I think you received a pretty good portion of information, that would help you to decide or at least make it easier.

Kristiann

P.S. I think I can assisst for a job with Polish if you're good with computers, so TELUS is not the only choice here.