Bahrain credit report

Dear Team,

My husband is working in bahrain, we planned to buy new home in india but bank people are saying about the loan process they need credit report from bahrain, whether he is having any loan against from bahrain.

Kindly advise me whom should we contact and wt is the procedure for that. please help me out.

Thanks

If he is having credit card, ask that bank or card giver company for that.

But its not from bank they are saying

Not a credit card report normally in india while we taking a loan they are checking first cibil score , we have to approach a consultancy regarding our track report but in bahrain wt is the procedure

Bahrain does give a credit report. You can't get it directly but have to ask your bank to arrange this for a fee. I got it last year through my bank for a loan in Pakistan.

Dear team,

my husband is went in bank but they are not giving a credit report even they dont no about this, can u guys plz help me out where should we contact against this.

May be you can get this (credit) report from "Bahrain Benefit Gateway"

can u give me that address or contact no

Google it pls

gracys0124 wrote:

Dear team,

my husband is went in bank but they are not giving a credit report even they dont no about this, can u guys plz help me out where should we contact against this.

I have not given any credit report when availing a bank loan in India, i have only given my 6months bank statement, salary certificates, house rent agreement and my employment contract. Speak to the bank again ask them to explain what they need and tell them Bahrain banks dont' provide  and ask for alternatives.

T&R

Thanks for a reply

The report is given by the Bahrain credit reference bureau aka the Benefit company B.S.C.  Website is benefit.bh.  They are on the 16th floor of the NBB tower.

Easiest way is to have your bank get the report. Else you have to go in person with a valid Bahrain ID to make a request for a report.

Thanks for your response Xtang

did u get the "credit report" from benefit.bh?

In terms of an update, you can now get a credit report online from Benefit via bahrain.bh.

To be able to do that:

1) You MUST have a standard ekey account for Bahrain government services.  Create one if you don't have it
2) You must have a CPR and it should be registered in your account - credit card / loans / bank account

Go to Bahrain.bh and into eservices.  Find the service called "Benefit Credit Report".  Login with your ekey and follow the prompts.  Enter the mobile number and email correctly.  The password to open the report will be sent to your mobile.

You are able to generate a free report once every 12 months.  Additional reports can be generated for a fee.

I think it is a great initiative which saves a lot of time for people in need of the same.

@gracys0124

Hello did u get ceedit report from bank please reply I am also seeking for credit report but bank says they don't have. Checked in benefit. Bh it says no information
@XTang deosnt works for me says no data or information available I registered..
  • It seems the person who is holding some kind of loan or credit card in bahrain for them inly credit reports are available in my case its none
Does it give you a PDF of a report and that is empty?

If that is the case then it is fine.  This just means that you don't have a credit card or a loan.  If you had a loan and paid it back, that will show.   All you need from this report is to show that you don't have any outstanding owing.

@Melvin Alphonso did you get any alternative for credit report.  Mine was also shown as no information available

@Melvin Alphonso did you get any alternative for credit report. Mine was also shown as no information available
-@Arjun s84

Go directly to Benefit corporate office and they will give you a manual report. If you are not in Bahrain call them at +973 13 300 300 and they will guide you.

@Melvin Alphonso did you get any alternative for credit report. Mine was also shown as no information available
-@Arjun s84

There are usually the following pages in the report.

First page shows your personal details  i.e.  CPR number, name, DOB, employer and contact numbers.   All of this is pulled from your primary bank's record.  There is also a field for previous search inquiries indicating who has asked for your report before.   

This is followed by graphical charts that show the balances of your accounts, credit cards and loans.

Then you have details for your debt accounts (this includes credit cards) which cover both active and closed.

So the question is as to what is missing for you?    in most cases, this is an issue with the bank's reporting to the credit bureau.    First check with your bank and then go to the credit bureau office.   In most cases, the bank can fix it.   That is what happened to me earlier as well.

@XTang 16 th floor front tower or back one ?

Don't remember actually.