Relocating 2019

Hi Everyone first post on here so here goes. Looking to buy a place in 2019. State Pension would we still get it when we reach pension age if we locate to Spain. We have been looking in Composol area. Does, anyone know this area. We want to be near shops etc not isolated. Also as we have two small dogs would that be a problem thanks everyone

Your pension question depends highly on what your government rules are.

Many people in Spain have small dogs, but you will need to find out the rules for bringing yours into the EU- there are rules about having them examined by a veterinarian, vaccinations they need, etc.

The most difficult thing about having small dogs is that many landlords will not want to rent to you, so your desire to buy a flat or house is probably going to help you.

Buen suerte!

I came to live in Spain  when I was 48, having taken early retirement. 

I have not worked since.

When I was 65  I applied for my UK DWP pension and it has been paid every four weeks, ever since (15 years).  (I use the amounts shown on my account for my anual tax declaration in Spain).

I chose to have it paid directly to my Spanish bank.  That means I get the very best possible exchange rate on the day of payment

Not that it is necessary to know how it works, but for the curious:-   

DWP pay it to City Bank, London, who convert it to euros and send it to City Bank,  Madrid.
                 They in turn send it to one's Spanish bank account, where it arrives a couple days later.

Works very well.

Of course what might happen over the years between now and when you become eligible who knows ?

PS please don't come to live next to me with dogs !