Sending my bank card to Mui Ne from UK

Hi,
I lost my bankcards and I'm looking to send them from the UK to Mui Ne.  Is this safe and is it possible  to be sent to a post office or address in Mui Ne from the UK or would I have to send it to Ho Chi Minh City.  and pick it up from there?
Thanks for your help,
Josh  :)

joshwhite wrote:

Hi,
I lost my bankcards and I'm looking to send them from the UK to Mui Ne.  Is this safe and is it possible  to be sent to a post office or address in Mui Ne from the UK or would I have to send it to Ho Chi Minh City.  and pick it up from there?
Thanks for your help,
Josh  :)

From the U.S., my bank sent my replacement directly to my hotel when I was in Hanoi. They used FedEx International. Very safe.

If yiu was to ask most parcel carriers they will refuse to carry bank cards or cash. The risk of fraud is too high and not covered by the insurance they have in place

Where are you sending them from?

Jlgarbutt wrote:

If yiu was to ask most parcel carriers they will refuse to carry bank cards or cash. The risk of fraud is too high and not covered by the insurance they have in place

OceanBeach received his card sent from the States visa FedEx.  My Visa and Amex were also sent from the States to our home in Vung Tau by DHL International.  Took 3 days each time, every step was tracked all the way. 

Banks do not insure credit cards as they can cancelled the cards any time.  They also do not have to pay for any transaction they deem suspicious.

That's very surprising where I work we have premier DHL accounts and they refuse certain items. Bank cards closely followed by cash is top of the list for restricted items

Jlgarbutt wrote:

That's very surprising where I work we have premier DHL accounts and they refuse certain items. Bank cards closely followed by cash is top of the list for restricted items

Another poster, Gobot, IIRC, also received his card sent by his bank from the States last year.  Not sure which carrier, but there you have it, FedEx and DHL delivered credit cards from the States to Vietnam without any hesitation whatsoever.

Cash is a different story.

@JoshWhite:  As signature of acceptance is required, a PO Box will not  work.  Best to have it sent to your residence.

Alternatively have a look at wireship app people  often list trips they make and offer to carry items.

I have checked DHL and the banned list has been updated.. Now just cash they refuse.
This sort of thing change all the time

If you use a courier service to a place outside of one of the major cities, I strongly suggest that you include a VN phone number for the recipient.  If the service can't find the place they will call the number and meet at an agreed location.  I had FEDEX fail to deliver a package in Ben Tre and on top of that I had to fight to get them to return it to the US and give a refund.  The next time I used DHL and gave them a phone number.

THIGV wrote:

If you use a courier service to a place outside of one of the major cities, I strongly suggest that you include a VN phone number for the recipient.  If the service can't find the place they will call the number and meet at an agreed location.  I had FEDEX fail to deliver a package in Ben Tre and on top of that I had to fight to get them to return it to the US and give a refund.  The next time I used DHL and gave them a phone number.

I agree,I have had cards sent from UK & USA to my address in HCMC & Trang Bang, I learned the hard way!! always put a contact telephone number (preferably a Vietnamese speaker) as part of the address, at my Apartment in HCMC the delivery person will not deliver direct to your door, they will not come past the security, they will call the number & you have to go down to security to collect it. My experiance......no number = no delivery!