Looking for someone to reroute parcels to Belgium via Parcl.com

Hi there,

As I said in the title I'm looking for someone in Romania that would be able & willing to order online, get the delivery in Romania and subsequently forward the parcel to me in Belgium.

Indeed, the website I want to order from does not offer delivery outside of Romania...

Of course everything (items price, shipping inside Romania, shipping to Belgium, any other fees...) is paid for in advance to you either via PayPal or bank transfer and you get a compensation for the service!

I'm currently registered on the Parcl.com site that provide a link between a shopper (me) and a forwarder (you) and I sent requests to already registered users in Romania (4) but nobody's getting back to me so I thought I might try here ;-)

If you feel interested drop me a line! Or check my request at  parcl.com/c/135451/

The products I'm looking to buy are perfume/fragrance testers. The site looks a bit shady but I'm willing to try and hopefully not loose my money or get fake perfumes.

Thanks a lot in advance and greetings from Belgium!

Francois

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Just a word of warning; perfumes/aftershaves are actually classified as dangerous for transport and there are limits as to how many you can send in the post and rules for how they have to be packed; speak to the post office where you are sending them from for country-specific information.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi Cynic,

Thanks for your message!

I buy perfumes/fragrances from all over the world, i'm a serious collector ;-)

It is my understanding that within the EU, only the United Kingdoms classifies fragrance as dangerous goods.

Kind regards,
F

Hi again,

I don't collect perfumes, but I am professionally involved in the transport of dangerous goods by all modes of transport; so I do have more than a passing interest.  Although individual nation states can place derogations on specific activities that occur only within their national boundaries, it's not down to the carrier to decide whether the rules regarding the transport of dangerous goods apply to what they do.

Modern distribution chains do not follow the most logical route; for example, it's not unusual to find a package travelling from one EU country to another, via a distribution centre in the Middle East - it may go by surface transport, or by air.  The UK Post Office stopped accepting some dangerous goods when they got into trouble for accepting packages from people who had not been properly trained in packaging dangerous goods by air (one of the International requirements of the IATA regulations).  Some countries prohibit the overflight in their airspace of aircraft carrying specific dangerous goods.

Perfumes with a content including flammable solvents and if they exceed a certain flash point are classified as UN1266, UN class 3 (Flammable Liquids); there are certain provisions that may apply that will allow you to ship your stuff, but the onus is on the consignor to properly identify, classify, package and label their stuff, if you don't know, or are unsure, you need to consult with an expert who can help you.  To give you an example, producers of these products have to (by international law) provide a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) when they sell these products; you can download an example of one supplied by Proctor & Proctor from this link; Section 14 always contains the transport information.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thank you, that helps a lot.
Best,
F

Hello there

I would be interested in providing that service. Can you tell me more about it?

regards

Shai

Hello there

I would be interested in providing that service. Can you tell me more about it?

regards

Shai

Dear Shai,

I had deleted my request... But if you wish to try, I'll make a new one and explain to you how (I think) it works.

I will contact you via direct message.

Thank you,
Francois