Steps to obtain settlement visa for UK after marriage in UK

My fiancee just received a visa to go to the for the purpose of marriage. The marriage is booked for February. What are the next steps? In the UK i understand she needs to apply for a settlement visa, which is granted for 2.5 years, at the end of which she has to take a IELTS language/culture test and if successful can apply for a permanent settlement visa. Is that right?
So far as Brazil is concerned, i presume we should register the marriage at the Brazilian Consulate in London.
What is need to know is how does this affect my status when returning to Brazil. i have already used 180 days of my tourist visa in the last 12 months. Do i now enjoy a different status which allows me to stay for longer periods?
Thanks

Congratulations!
Yes, you definitely should register your marriage at the nearest Brazilian Consulate as soon as it takes place.  They will give you a "Certidão", which you register in the Cartório do 1o Ofício in your fiancée's hometown the next time you're in Brazil, to complete the process of giving the marriage legal effect here.
Since you apparently plan to live in the UK, your own status doesn't necessarily change, and you can continue visiting on a tourist visa.  If you want to apply for Brazilian permanent residency after the marriage, you can apply at the Consulate  for a VITEM XI, a temporary visa for family reunion, to return to Brazil and go through the permanency process with the Federal Police.  This process needs to be completed in Brazil, so if you choose to go this route, allow sufficient time in your travel plans.