Restaurant Supply dealers

Anyone know of any dealers in HCMC that sell both equipment and supplies for restaurants. Have tried searching online and not much comes up for Vietnam. I guess they're not much into using the internet. Not looking for food stuff, but stoves, grill, refrigerators, serving lines. plates, bowls, foil single sheet food wrap etc.

These are from Google search, not from my personal knowledge:

An Phát, 143 Nguyễn Xí, P. 26, Q. Bình Thạnh
Nhật Minh, 157 Số 1, P. 11, Q. Gò Vấp,
Tiến Phát, 10 Trần Bá Giao, P. 5 , Q. Gò Vấp
Bình Minh (4 locations in Saigon)
Toàn Phát 469 - 471 Hoàng Sa P.8, Q.3
Alper, P. Linh Đông, Q. Thủ Đức
Eurocook (4 locations)

There are many more, just search under "Thiết bị nhà hàng" and "Thiết bị bếp". The small stuff (plates, bowls, utensils, foil, etc.) are usually not listed but available in store.

I'm particularly impressed by Furnotel but it's located in Hanoi and Da Nang.   The website shows everything, large and small, all high quality stuff.  With a large order, you can always negotiate on delivery.

Your always such a genius. I guess it helps to type the Google search in Vietnamese. Problem is I know virtually none. However I was able to locate the first one on your list. Thanks for the help ba

Vagabondone wrote:

Thanks for the help ba

Are you so sure she is that much older than you?  Maybe be nice and say chi.  I notice that my wife calls women who are quite a bit older by chi as I expect  it may make them feel better.  Vietnamese terms of address are fraught with peril.

Oh I only said it in jest....she has the wisdom of a ba....but I am sure she like chi better. I struggle with English and do not know enough Vietnamese to get across the street. At any rate one of the links was just what I needed. I have driven bu these places years ago. But now that I do not live there I can not find the embassy.  Thanks chi

Thanks to THIGV for being concerned and sensitive, and thanks to Vagabondone for the compliments.  I don't have any qualm about telling people my age, so here it is, to erase all doubts  ;) :  my 66th birthday is next Thursday. 

Now, y'all can send me ecards!  :D

Then Happy Birthday Chi. I will never ever make that mistake again now. And OBTW how do you address a Vnese lady properly when you have never met and only communicate in writing? The birthday check is the mail!!

Vagabondone wrote:

how do you address a Vnese lady properly when you have never met and only communicate in writing?

Cô, if you have no idea of her age or marital status.  Cô is both Miss and Ms.  Cô is also Aunt. 

For many Northerners, cô is used to address the adult younger sister whom you want to treat with respect.  In my family, our two older brothers used the word "cô" when addressing us in public, and they always called the married ones among us "cô" in the presence of our husbands.  They called themselves "anh" because they were our older brothers, but we were elevated to "cô" instead of em.

BTW, if the relationship is not formal, you may want to address the lady by her name in every sentence.  For example, if her name is Kim-Anh, you can say or write, "I would like to have KA's phone number."  She may reply:  "KA's phone number is XXX."  When she uses her name that way, she's not referring to herself in the third person (as it would've been in English).  In Vietnamese, it's a slightly cautious way to make sure she's not being too forward in the relationship and still leaving the door open.

Very interesting.....thanks so much.

Edited by Fred ....... Out of date post

GuestPoster678 wrote:

Your always such a genius. I guess it helps to type the Google search in Vietnamese. Problem is I know virtually none. However I was able to locate the first one on your list. Thanks for the help ba

use google translate then enter ur result into ur browser