Brazilian citizenship by marriage

Hello,
I am a Syrian National married to a Brazilian woman, and both live in Dubai.

I have been a resident of the United Arab Emirates for the last 17 years, and my wife for the last 9 years.

I met my wife in Dubai as both reside in It, we have been together for 6 years then decided to get married.
We got married in Brazil, we registered our marriage in Brazilian court in São Paulo, and spent our honeymoon in Brazil and came back to Dubai where we both work and reside. We have been married for almost 16 months now (no kids yet).

My question is, how can I apply for my Brazilian citizenship without living in Brazil?

I know that the previous law requires people of my situation  to reside for not less than one year in the brazil before you can apply, but I have heard about new laws in this regard (4 months  ago), that this is no longer a requirement.

Please note, I intend to move to Brazil with my wife in the future but currently we both have our work in Dubai and planning to stay for the next few years.

I own a Brazilian business in Dubai and have been regarded for spreading Brazilian culture and supporting Brazilians in uae, so I hope some evidences can help my case.

I thank you deeply for taking the time to read my message and hoping for an answer.

Regards

Sorry, you've heard incorrectly.  Under the current law, as the spouse of a Brazilian, you have to live in Brazil for one year after your permanent resident card, your CRNM, is issued, with the "year" starting on the issue date of the card, to request naturalization.  You can only apply for the card in Brazil.  The card is currently taking 1-2 months between application and issue.
Once your application is accepted, you are allowed to leave the country for BRIEF absences, but you need to apply for naturalization in Brazil, in person.
Regulations can change, so you should confirm this with the nearest Brazilian Consulate.   Good luck.