Name change in Norway

Hi there! I'm currently facing a problem with officially changing my name to add on my husband's last name to mine. I've done so via Skattvest but they do not provide the name change document in English. Without the English version I am unable to change my name in my passport.

Could anyone give me a suggestion as to if there is any lawyers in Norway that does deed poll or should I get it translated by an authorized translator (I checked and the quote was more than 600KR) :( any other suggestions would be gladly received. Thank you!

I live in Haugesund by the way.

Joleesn wrote:

Hi there! I'm currently facing a problem with officially changing my name to add on my husband's last name to mine. I've done so via Skattvest but they do not provide the name change document in English. Without the English version I am unable to change my name in my passport.

Could anyone give me a suggestion as to if there is any lawyers in Norway that does deed poll or should I get it translated by an authorized translator (I checked and the quote was more than 600KR) :( any other suggestions would be gladly received. Thank you!

I live in Haugesund by the way.

Hello Joleesn,

If married, you just need to request your Vigselsattest  in english through Skatt website. its free ;) just the same, once you receive your marriage certificate. You would then need to have it stamped by Norway's DFA or Ministry of Foreign Affairs which is in Oslo, You just mail it together with a return stamped envelop. You don't need to go there. Just google their address.
Also, about the name change document, the Philippine Embassy don't request it. Its the Marriage Certificate they ask for. You would just report your marriage and then you can renew passport with your new last name.

Mvh,
Joanne