Charlemagne School

Does anyone remember Charlemagne School in Liege. It was a British Forces school. I was there 1979 to 1981. Is it still there.

Hi Steve, I was there too from circa 1971 - 1977 (?). The building is still there, but no longer Charlemagne (BFES) school. Great memories. Head Master at the time was Mr Jones - Family?. Are you sure about the years you attended? Nicolas ***

Moderated by Diksha 5 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details through private messaging. Thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Interested to hear from any British ex Forces kids who may have attended Charlemagne School in Liege.

I was there too during those years and remember Mr Jones! I actually arrived in Liege just before the school was built and we went to school in an old house until we could start there. I have photos somewhere of the official opening of Charlemagne by AVM Sir Michael Beetham and his wife Lady Beetham.

Hi. I was also a pupil at Charlemagne School and was there whilst it was being built and when the school transferred from the old house to the new Charlemagne school. I have the official photos from the opening day if anyone is interested. I attended until early 1976 when we then returned to England.  My name at the time was RUTH Firth and I was the eldest child there in my final year., my mum was a T/A . I remember Nicholas Sepulchre! We must be of similar age?

Hi Ruth, we must have known each other? I lived in Liege on Rue De Joie. I would love to see the photos, I also have some somewhere of the opening. ***

Moderated by Loïc 4 years ago
Reason : for security reasons, we do not accept personal information on the forum. Share them through the private message system
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

My family was their before and after the new school opened as well. Michael Fowler, my brother was a year older than me and my mum Penny Fowler supervised the kids on the bus to and from school. Singing songs and reading magazines. The bus driver was a character as well. Our family used to live on Boulevard de la Constitution

Hello AlanF,

Welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Do not hesitate to participate in more active threads on the Belgium forum.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

[DISCUSSION CLOSED]

Closed