Need advice on a girl im dating

Hey everyone. Sorry this will be quite long

I'm a 23 year old guy and met this 21 year old filipina on a sex cam site and started to talking to her. I didn't ever have a private show with her(even though she offered many times) as I told her that I just wanted to get to know her. I said pretty early on that I'm looking for a marriage partner, as I told her that I'm not looking for something temporary but permanent. After a few times a visited her she hinted that maybe she could be the one who I can marry, but never said it clearly. I started liking this girl because she was probably the only girl on this site who didn't care about me giving tips and taking her privates and just chatted with me for free. She started saying stuff like she loves me, wants to make me happy and misses me even though she had never seen me. I found this very odd and the first red flag so I responded by saying she can't love me without seeing me first. She said she didn't care about what I look like but still asked that she wanted to see me and I showed myself and she said stuff like she really does love me and stuff. Even before showing my face she told me that she had already spoken to her mother about me and her mother wanted to video call me. Basically I found this girl abit too fast. She never asked me for money up until now.

I visited her almost everyday on site as I really liked this girl and maybe saw a future with her. She said stuff like she will sing for me and cook for me, so basically really wants to make me happy. It had been almost a month now and she started getting kinda mad at me as she found out that I also visited her friend at the cam site a few months back and said she was jealous. She said I lied to her and her friend and started kinda hating me, but didn't stop the regular sweet talk like I love you and miss you. Anyway I told her the truth and she forgave me and I promised that I will stop chatting with other girls, as she said it made her jealous.

Anyway fast forward now and we are in a relationship. I even proposed to her and she accepted. I have not yet visited her in the Philippines. Now here is where it gets complicated. Up until now she had never asked me for money even when I offered to help her with studies she refused. However she recently told me that her cousin had passed away and she needed fare to visit her aunt and also wanted to give her food. She said it's ok if I can't give her any but I said I can help alittle bit. Also she felt bad asking me and shy. Also she said it was her first time asking someone for money. She said that she hopes that I visit her soon and bring her to the UK (btw she has no passport). I told my parents about her too (not the part about asking for money) and they like her but are worried if she might just want to marry me to get British citizenship. I worry about that too. I asked her if she really loves me or just wants a better life and she said she is a simple girl and wants simple life. She said she is willing to live in any country with me poor or rich. Also she is even willing to adjust to my culture and change her religion for me!!!

Does she really love me? Or has other intentions which can you guys specify please. I really like this girl but because of all the bad horror stories I've read online I get really worried. I don't know what to do. I know Philippines has poverty and there is this culture of asking for money from foreigners but can you guys see any big red flags throughout this whole time. I really appreciate any help and advice.

Thank you.

D

does she really love me?

Of course she does, just as she loves every man gullible enough to believe an active sex worker loves them.
She'll love you until the end of the earth, or at least until your wallet is empty.

Fred wrote:

D

does she really love me?

Of course she does, just as she loves every man gullible enough to believe an active sex worker loves them.
She'll love you until the end of the earth, or at least until your wallet is empty.

I've told her I'm unemployed and just graduated from university. I think she knows I'm not rich. Also she is a student who finished her first year at university, but due to financial reasons had to resort to working on a cam site.

I agree with Fred, looking for a girl for a serious relationship on a sex can says it all, you will never find one on there that does not want to empty your wallet and proposing marriage without even seeing this girl is quite frankly stupid.

I have met two women from The Philippines on Facebook and been to see them and I have also chatted to a few more who are only interested in money. The two women I did meet over there were sweet, loving and genuine but if you do get involved with a Filipino  woman they are all going to want money for something or other. I have said no so far but if I ever moved over there to be with one of them, I would have to accept that I will be asked to support her family as well as her.

I have been in south east asia for 15 years....mostly in Thailand and the Philippines....yes, since he has never seen your face she might use you to get to a better country....I have one Thailand wife did that....but I took the two kids with me back to Thailand were I taught school....I  am 76 yrs old and have a 21 yr old gf here in Cebu, the Philippines...she is in college....we have been together two years..the only money I give here is 2,000 peso each month for allowance....she usually sends it to mom....the parents here always have there hand out...but stay away from send money to the parents...her allowance is for that if she wants.....not my money.....Joe

Cherryann01 wrote:

I agree with Fred, looking for a girl for a serious relationship on a sex can says it all, you will never find one on there that does not want to empty your wallet and proposing marriage without even seeing this girl is quite frankly stupid.

I have met two women from The Philippines on Facebook and been to see them and I have also chatted to a few more who are only interested in money. The two women I did meet over there were sweet, loving and genuine but if you do get involved with a Filipino  woman they are all going to want money for something or other. I have said no so far but if I ever moved over there to be with one of them, I would have to accept that I will be asked to support her family as well as her.

Thanks for reply. She also added me on FB and says that she is going to quit working on cam site soon for me. I don't mind giving money to help as that is the Filipino  culture. I just need to know if she's genuine. How do I tell if she is geniune?

Sal19952 wrote:
Fred wrote:

D

does she really love me?

I've told her I'm unemployed and just graduated from university. I think she knows I'm not rich. Also she is a student who finished her first year at university, but due to financial reasons had to resort to working on a cam site.

Rich is very relative in the Philippines.  If you could afford to fly to the Philippines to meet her, then you are rich in her eyes.  Notice how she already started the "It's not for me, it's for my poor family" routine.  In the USA one must prove that one can support the family by filing copies of tax returns, letters from employers concerning job and future prospects etc.  You cannot afford to help her get a passport.  You need to establish yourself and be able to support and raise a family before thinking about getting serious about a woman who lives 8,000 miles away in a place you have never been.  You need to slow down, not be in such a hurry.  These are good traits to have if you ever do visit the Philippines.

It can be difficult to tell if she is genuine but I would get to know her a little better first via Facebook and then progress to Video calls and if after a few months you feel you still want to meet her, then go visit her.

Cherryann01 wrote:

It can be difficult to tell if she is genuine but I would get to know her a little better first via Facebook and then progress to Video calls and if after a few months you feel you still want to meet her, then go visit her.

Ok i see your point. I am getting to know her more and we have done video calls many times. So far I don't feel there are any real red flags. I guess my insecurity is really only if whether she really loves me, or will leave me once her motive is complete. I guess part of the reason for this suspicion is because i met her on a cam site, which isn't the best places to meet someone for marriage. What's your take on this? Are all camgitls bad catches? One again thank you for your reply

mugtech wrote:
Sal19952 wrote:
Fred wrote:

D

Rich is very relative in the Philippines.  If you could afford to fly to the Philippines to meet her, then you are rich in her eyes.  Notice how she already started the "It's not for me, it's for my poor family" routine.  In the USA one must prove that one can support the family by filing copies of tax returns, letters from employers concerning job and future prospects etc.  You cannot afford to help her get a passport.  You need to establish yourself and be able to support and raise a family before thinking about getting serious about a woman who lives 8,000 miles away in a place you have never been.  You need to slow down, not be in such a hurry.  These are good traits to have if you ever do visit the Philippines.

Thank for your insight and I completely agree with you. I need to begin to support myself before I even think about marrying her.

To the OP .... and every other single man

(The whole of Asia)
Finding terrifically beautiful girls that aren't prostitutes of any kind but are nice in every way is about as hard as finding water in a river.

Skip sex chatters and all the rest of the seedy trades in favour of getting to know people - if you fail to meet a lovely lady or million you must stink like a pig and have the personality of a politician.

I'm old, fat, ugly, and uncool but I'm a babe magnet out here with a choice of loads of non pro, non gold digger great girls.
Pity I'm married and my wife would desausage me if I played away.

Despite weather she is a good person or bad person.  The question you need to ask your self is can you support her?  If not then just let her know this and stay friends.  But be honest, first and foremost will always find you a person that is honest back to you.

Many ladies do that type of work because the are simply trying to put get the money to put food on the table of there family.  It dose not mean that all will scam you.

In regards to any payments to any person, only give what you can afford to lose.  You are young and one day may change your mind about finding a Filipina as long term GF / future wife.

Well, a guy whose hormones have been skillfully manipulated by a girl will lose a big part of his IQ and will be ripe for a scam. So take a cold shower, breath deeply, and start to think ... A cam girl is working for a "company" which needs to increase its revenues. So when they have loyal customers hooked by cam girls, they must be very happy !! One advice, be careful when you do video calls. They can record everything without your knowledge and then use the materials to blackmail you later... One friend did this stupid thing and because he refused to pay, some of his videos circulated on social networks... he was broken by that and it took several years for him to feel better and overcome his depression. He thought that the camgirl was really sincere. So use your rational brain and not only the limbic one  :D

You proposed marriage to her and she accepted, so you are already in way over your head.  Of course she is jealous of any other women you speak to.  You need to actually use a more worthy source like Filipina Cupid so you can compare and contrast Filipinas from all over the islands.  Plenty of scams there also, but your odds of success are much higher.  Right now you are engaged to a woman who kissed you in a game of spin the bottle and you think it is love.

All good advice from many astute members that I agree with 100% Definitely don't let your other brain cloud your judgement.
As others have said you are young and have plenty of time, you are contemplating marriage at 23 with a lady you have never met? Golly the mind boggles. Rash indeed.
Can I ask why you don't look closer to home where things can be much more convenient and you are well up on the cultural norms?

If you have developed a penchant for Asian ladies,,, in your case Pinays then do yourself a favour if you can afford, visit the Philippines, meet the lady, spend time together before crashing your life with heart ache and misery.
Another member suggested to get off the sex sites, they are there for people with money that look for a quick fix and I will add that many westerners probably take advantage of those sites because they are not stupid and also know how to roll the ladies. Two way street.

I met my partner on a dating site 8 years ago, not a sex site as I was looking long term and not just to get my rocks off, having worked in PH. for 6 months back then had a bit of an idea how things were there, loved the people and the culture, even the idiosyncrasies that popped up daily.

Mate don't do it unless you invest your time meeting and learning. There are some great dating sites with genuine ladies looking for love, comfort and of course security, be aware also that there are scammers on these site too, use your brain and you will be ok.
Good luck and chill a lot before making the wrong decisions.

BTW. OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

pej1111 wrote:

Despite weather she is a good person or bad person.  The question you need to ask your self is can you support her?  If not then just let her know this and stay friends.  But be honest, first and foremost will always find you a person that is honest back to you.

Many ladies do that type of work because the are simply trying to put get the money to put food on the table of there family.  It dose not mean that all will scam you.

In regards to any payments to any person, only give what you can afford to lose.  You are young and one day may change your mind about finding a Filipina as long term GF / future wife.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I agree with you completely about supporting myself first. I've told her that I earn very little and that I need time to get a good job. I mainly worry because of how fast she was at saying she loves me without even seeing me. This could be maybe due to the fact that I never treated her like a whore on the sex cam site and never had any private show. I just visited her everyday to chat only, but I'm still skeptical. Is the fact her saying she loves me so fast (like third visit) and without seeing me a redflag?

You should be worried and very skeptical about it, yes !!!!!!!

bigpearl wrote:

All good advice from many astute members that I agree with 100% Definitely don't let your other brain cloud your judgement.
As others have said you are young and have plenty of time, you are contemplating marriage at 23 with a lady you have never met? Golly the mind boggles. Rash indeed.
Can I ask why you don't look closer to home where things can be much more convenient and you are well up on the cultural norms?

If you have developed a penchant for Asian ladies,,, in your case Pinays then do yourself a favour if you can afford, visit the Philippines, meet the lady, spend time together before crashing your life with heart ache and misery.
Another member suggested to get off the sex sites, they are there for people with money that look for a quick fix and I will add that many westerners probably take advantage of those sites because they are not stupid and also know how to roll the ladies. Two way street.

I met my partner on a dating site 8 years ago, not a sex site as I was looking long term and not just to get my rocks off, having worked in PH. for 6 months back then had a bit of an idea how things were there, loved the people and the culture, even the idiosyncrasies that popped up daily.

Mate don't do it unless you invest your time meeting and learning. There are some great dating sites with genuine ladies looking for love, comfort and of course security, be aware also that there are scammers on these site too, use your brain and you will be ok.
Good luck and chill a lot before making the wrong decisions.

BTW. OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

Thanks for you reply Steve. Very helpful advice indeed. She says that she will quit her job at the cam site, as she only did it to finance her studies. I really hope she is sincere and I hope to meet her when I can afford it. I agree dating sites are the much better place to find someone. Since I love her now, do you reckon she is safe to visit and maybe not think about marriage but to at least continue our relationship? Or should I just let her go because of the red flags if there are any?

geolefrench wrote:

Well, a guy whose hormones have been skillfully manipulated by a girl will lose a big part of his IQ and will be ripe for a scam. So take a cold shower, breath deeply, and start to think ... A cam girl is working for a "company" which needs to increase its revenues. So when they have loyal customers hooked by cam girls, they must be very happy !! One advice, be careful when you do video calls. They can record everything without your knowledge and then use the materials to blackmail you later... One friend did this stupid thing and because he refused to pay, some of his videos circulated on social networks... he was broken by that and it took several years for him to feel better and overcome his depression. He thought that the camgirl was really sincere. So use your rational brain and not only the limbic one  :D

Thanks for your reply mate. Yes I am completely aware about the fact of not doing anything stupid on cam.  I don't even visit her on the cam site. We just chat on Skype or messenger. There is no cam sex in our relationship, as I told her that I will only wait to have sex with her until marriage. She has never asked me to strip when we video call on Skype and neither have I. But I'm worried about the other potential red flags I mentioned above. Whats your take on those?

Well generally camgirl have a boyfriend already in the Philippines. Many cases of foreigners arriving in the airport of Manila, but nobody waiting for them even though the camgirls told them that they will wait for them in the airport... i know several europeans who were in this case.   So after waiting for 2 hours in airport they realized how stupid they were and they  decided to go in hotels in Manila. Some of them met other women during their stay and forgot about their camgirls :-)

geolefrench wrote:

Well generally camgirl have a boyfriend already in the Philippines. Many cases of foreigners arriving in the airport of Manila, but nobody waiting for them even though the camgirls told them that they will wait for them in the airport... i know several europeans who were in this case.   So after waiting for 2 hours in airport they realized how stupid they were and they  decided to go in hotels in Manila. Some of them met other women during their stay and forgot about their camgirls :-)

Oh i wasn't aware of that. She has told me that she had another boyfriend she met through her work but they broke up, as she didn't want to meet him. She said she does not meet strangers and is not an easy girl. Her Facebook account looks legit as it has her family members. She is always telling me she wants to put a photo of me on her FB wall so that her mom can see and her friends. However despite all this do you reckon she could still be lying about not having another boyfriend.?

Of course ! It is a business !  Now of course it is only the experience of people I know

geolefrench wrote:

Of course ! It is a business !  Now of course it is only the experience of people I know

Yeah I guess only time will tell how sincere honest she really is. I am really serious about this girl but I guess
i should not be rash and hold the brakes, even if it takes two or three years. I really appreciate your advice and help mate.

Now I dont know the kind of contract she has with the website boss ? She told you she wants to stop asap but can she really ?

Sal19952 wrote:
pej1111 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Yes I agree with you completely about supporting myself first. I've told her that I earn very little and that I need time to get a good job. I mainly worry because of how fast she was at saying she loves me without even seeing me. This could be maybe due to the fact that I never treated her like a whore on the sex cam site and never had any private show. I just visited her everyday to chat only, but I'm still skeptical. Is the fact her saying she loves me so fast (like third visit) and without seeing me a redflag?

Many Filipina's have the biggest hearts in the world, that is what makes then such lovely people.  Then you add to this the romance in the mind of a young lady.  This makes them open to falling in love.

If you are a kind and sweet person then they fall in love very quickly.

pej1111 wrote:
Sal19952 wrote:
pej1111 wrote:

Many Filipina's have the biggest hearts in the world, that is what makes then such lovely people.  Then you add to this the romance in the mind of a young lady.  This makes them open to falling in love.

If you are a kind and sweet person then they fall in love very quickly.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I think I agree with you after doing some of my own research that some filipinos do actually have very big hearts. My research makes me conclude they are loud, big hearted, love to eat and sing. So I guess they really do fall in love very quickly. I guess when we compare to the Western culture of being very picky. The culture and people of Philippines are very different, which makes it much harder to understand them.

Sal19952 wrote:
geolefrench wrote:

Oh i wasn't aware of that. She has told me that she had another boyfriend she met through her work but they broke up, as she didn't want to meet him. She said she does not meet strangers and is not an easy girl. Her Facebook account looks legit as it has her family members. She is always telling me she wants to put a photo of me on her FB wall so that her mom can see and her friends. However despite all this do you reckon she could still be lying about not having another boyfriend.?

Which FB account looks legit? How many can a sex worker have? How many can you have Sal? Dozens if you want to go that way.
Perhaps Sal you should do a lot of research on this topic with our best friend google as well as expat sites such as this one.
As for a boyfriend or pimp? Very possible and as suggested earlier go there and get your hands dirty, the Philippines is definitely not for everyone.
Falling in love with another person on a sex site smacks of danger,,,,, remember it is a sex site and not a dating site. Lust, Love and opportunity are all very different things.

I will quote your words. "She said she does not meet strangers and is not an easy girl". After a some small amount of dialogue you are both talking marriage/commitment and you haven't met? Seems to me that one is gullible and the other opportunistic and then some,,,,,,,,, sounds like you are being played and you are dancing to her tune.
Sorry Sal to sound so cynical but you need to take stock, some people can't see the forest for the trees etc.
If you decide to stay with this lady "walk softly and always carry a big stick".

Best of luck with where you point your future.

Cheers, Steve.

As a follow up, you have to ask yourself the question given a sex site. How many Sal's are sending her a few pesos now and again, perhaps regularly?  How many has this fine young lady hooked?
Your money and future.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl wrote:

If you decide to stay with this lady "walk softly and always carry a big stick".

Best of luck with where you point your future.

Cheers, Steve.

You need to be the Teddy Roosevelt of the sex cam crowd.

Yep, use your brain and not your old fella. Everything else will fall into place and reveal itself. As said go hard with scouring the net and the the traps that the uninitiated constantly succumb too, only to eventually end up on sites such as this because of uncertainty/doubt and then some, do your homework and don't forget the big stick.

Good luck at 23 learning love and a different culture and one you grasped by the horns and now have doubts, at least you are asking, well done.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl wrote:

As a follow up, you have to ask yourself the question given a sex site. How many Sal's are sending her a few pesos now and again, perhaps regularly?  How many has this fine young lady hooked?
Your money and future.

Cheers, Steve.

You can be right about this Steve as she has two accounts she has added me too. Both accounts have her family members. She has only asked for money once and that was after we had started to be in an relationship. I agreed but in a cold manner and she figured it out that I wasn't happy with it as I was used to other Filipinas asking the same. I will tell why I really liked this girl initially. When I started visiting these cam sites I chatted with many Filipinas. Most of these asked me to take them into a Pvt show just minutes after i visit them. There were a handful who asked for money after a few minutes of chatting as they asked for my Skype. When I came accross this girl, nor did she ever push me for a Pvt show, and not did she ever ask me for any money. I seriously thought this girl was different then the rest, like she was a student who was going back to studying after working on the site for awhile. Everytime  visited her she would just chat with me for free about she life and was interested in my life. Eventually I did fall in love because of this girl being so different than the what I had encountered before. It really did seem like she did not care about my wallet, but me as a person. However I still have  some suspicioun, as you could see me coming here for advice. Even after knowing and chatting with this girl for two months now I have suspicion mainly because of all the horror stories on the internet and because I met this girl on a sex cam site. Also because of she says she fell in love with me so quick and spoke to her mother about me in just a few weeks of chatting with her. This may be due to me being a different guest than what she was used to on site, where it was just old or young sleazy guys just wanting to see her body. I told her from the start, when she asked me about me having a gf that I wasn't looking for a temporary gf but more of a permanent gf/marriage partner. I think maybe she hooked on to that idea. In just a week of chatting she started hinting that she could be the one I marry and hinted that I propose to her on her birthday, which was in a month's time. Now that I think I just feel this girl was way too fast. I have mentioned the possible reasons this was, as I said I was a different guest than what she was used to or maybe Filipinos do fall in love faster whenever they see a decent and kind guy. I know everyone is mainly alarmed by the idea of me meeting her on a sex cam site. Anyeas on the points mentioned above Steve?

Yes, you may have found the cream of the crop.  A lot like being the greatest ice hockey player in Honduras.

Groan, see and read the replies, this girl has got you by the goollies, go find your love and when you get a kick in the guts you may be wiser next time, are you simply trawling?

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl wrote:

Groan, see and read the replies, this girl has got you by the goollies, go find your love and when you get a kick in the guts you may be wiser next time, are you simply trawling?

Cheers, Steve.

Thanks for your input Steve I will definitely take it onboard, maybe a kick in guts is what I need? I guess it's really hard to tell if a person is honest until I meet her.

Sal19952 wrote:
bigpearl wrote:

Your money and future.

Cheers, Steve.

You can be right about this Steve as she has two accounts she has added me too. Both accounts have her family members. She has only asked for money once and that was after we had started to be in an relationship. I agreed but in a cold manner and she figured it out that I wasn't happy with it as I was used to other Filipinas asking the same. I will tell why I really liked this girl initially. When I started visiting these cam sites I chatted with many Filipinas. Most of these asked me to take them into a Pvt show just minutes after i visit them. There were a handful who asked for money after a few minutes of chatting as they asked for my Skype. When I came accross this girl, nor did she ever push me for a Pvt show, and not did she ever ask me for any money. I seriously thought this girl was different then the rest, like she was a student who was going back to studying after working on the site for awhile. Everytime  visited her she would just chat with me for free about she life and was interested in my life. Eventually I did fall in love because of this girl being so different than the what I had encountered before. It really did seem like she did not care about my wallet, but me as a person. However I still have  some suspicioun, as you could see me coming here for advice. Even after knowing and chatting with this girl for two months now I have suspicion mainly because of all the horror stories on the internet and because I met this girl on a sex cam site. Also because of she says she fell in love with me so quick and spoke to her mother about me in just a few weeks of chatting with her. This may be due to me being a different guest than what she was used to on site, where it was just old or young sleazy guys just wanting to see her body. I told her from the start, when she asked me about me having a gf that I wasn't looking for a temporary gf but more of a permanent gf/marriage partner. I think maybe she hooked on to that idea. In just a week of chatting she started hinting that she could be the one I marry and hinted that I propose to her on her birthday, which was in a month's time. Now that I think I just feel this girl was way too fast. I have mentioned the possible reasons this was, as I said I was a different guest than what she was used to or maybe Filipinos do fall in love faster whenever they see a decent and kind guy. I know everyone is mainly alarmed by the idea of me meeting her on a sex cam site. Anyeas on the points mentioned above Steve?

She is now introducing me to her family on Skype. Her sister and aunt all want to see me. Her sister asked a few questions like my age and job. I'm wondering if whether this has any meaning in Filipino culture or is just another way if tricking me to make me feel like her family are good people.

Sal19952 wrote:

She is now introducing me to her family on Skype. Her sister and aunt all want to see me. Her sister asked a few questions like my age and job. I'm wondering if whether this has any meaning in Filipino culture or is just another way if tricking me to make me feel like her family are good people.

It is your basic job interview.  Part of the idea that when you marry a Filipina you marry the entire family.  Part of the culture is to get overseas money and spread it around.

Hi Sal.
We believe what we want to believe. And you just want to believe that you have found your true love. Believe me life is very beautiful and full of beautiful people. Give yourself a break from this woman. She may be different from all others like you say but you and your family definitely deserve a better deal. Meet people with an open mind. Love will happen and you don't have to plan it. First of all you are looking for a life partner at not the best place and whatever you get there, you are ready to believe that it's love. Why are you in such a hurry my dear friend? Not a single person on this forum has advised you to go ahead and marry her. Still you are not ready to accept the fact that she may not be the best person for you esp in the given scenario when you are geographically very far. And if you tell your parents and close friends about her reality, believe me, no one is going to advise you to carry on.
She may be genuine or she may not be, but you are only 23, you are not fully settled, your parents are ignorant of all the details, you can't meet the girl to know her closely. Then why hurry, man? Patience always pays.  Just give yourself some time. Tell her that you are not thinking marriage presently and that you want to settle in life first. Your parents have some aspirations from you and for them you want to concentrate on your career first. Remember for her, too,  her family is very important. So ideally she should understand how you feel.
Best of luck!

Poonam Chaudhry wrote:

Hi Sal.
We believe what we want to believe. And you just want to believe that you have found your true love. Believe me life is very beautiful and full of beautiful people. Give yourself a break from this woman. She may be different from all others like you say but you and your family definitely deserve a better deal. Meet people with an open mind. Love will happen and you don't have to plan it. First of all you are looking for a life partner at not the best place and whatever you get there, you are ready to believe that it's love. Why are you in such a hurry my dear friend? Not a single person on this forum has advised you to go ahead and marry her. Still you are not ready to accept the fact that she may not be the best person for you esp in the given scenario when you are geographically very far. And if you tell your parents and close friends about her reality, believe me, no one is going to advise you to carry on.
She may be genuine or she may not be, but you are only 23, you are not fully settled, your parents are ignorant of all the details, you can't meet the girl to know her closely. Then why hurry, man? Patience always pays.  Just give yourself some time. Tell her that you are not thinking marriage presently and that you want to settle in life first. Your parents have some aspirations from you and for them you want to concentrate on your career first. Remember for her, too,  her family is very important. So ideally she should understand how you feel.
Best of luck!

Thanks for your reply. Yes I think you are right. If I tell my friends or family what her job is they will instantly advise me to not marry her. I guess love has made me blind. But if she is willing to quit for me then isn't that me being a great person in her life and a great influence. Lets say I didn't meet on a cam site but normal dating site then would everyone still advise me to not go with it? I do agree completely on your point of marriage being to early for me and I should settle down first. Does that also mean I can't be in a relationship with her? Should I break all contacts or remain friends?

Sal19952 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Yes I think you are right. If I tell my friends or family what her job is they will instantly advise me to not marry her. I guess love has made me blind. But if she is willing to quit for me then isn't that me being a great person in her life and a great influence. Lets say I didn't meet on a cam site but normal dating site then would everyone still advise me to not go with it? I do agree completely on your point of marriage being to early for me and I should settle down first. Does that also mean I can't be in a relationship with her? Should I break all contacts or remain friends?

No matter what her profession or how you met her you do not want to propose marriage without having met her first in person, actually visited her country and get a feel for her life and her family.  You might want to meet up with other Brits who have married Filipinas and brought them home.  Of course that takes time and money.  In the USA it takes at least 6 months, sometimes more than a year, to file for a visa to get a spouse or fiancee to the USA.  It helped me to meet members of the local Fil-Am groups and get a feel for it all.  In addition if you do get married in the Philippines or get a fiancee visa and bring her to UK to marry you she is going to feel alone and far from home.  My wife had worked in Hong Kong for 10 years, but knew family working there and there was a huge Filipino population.  In the USA even getting to know new Filipino friends did not totally get her away from feeling homesick.  The western lifestyle can be quite different, especially if the UK would be your wife's first trip away from home.  Just something like the concept of time and being on time can be quite a change.  Find and talk to some people in your home country who have done what you are thinking of doing, it will help you and your future wife.  You will probably be talking to people older than you, but that should not matter.

mugtech wrote:
Sal19952 wrote:

No matter what her profession or how you met her you do not want to propose marriage without having met her first in person, actually visited her country and get a feel for her life and her family.  You might want to meet up with other Brits who have married Filipinas and brought them home.  Of course that takes time and money.  In the USA it takes at least 6 months, sometimes more than a year, to file for a visa to get a spouse or fiancee to the USA.  It helped me to meet members of the local Fil-Am groups and get a feel for it all.  In addition if you do get married in the Philippines or get a fiancee visa and bring her to UK to marry you she is going to feel alone and far from home.  My wife had worked in Hong Kong for 10 years, but knew family working there and there was a huge Filipino population.  In the USA even getting to know new Filipino friends did not totally get her away from feeling homesick.  The western lifestyle can be quite different, especially if the UK would be your wife's first trip away from home.  Just something like the concept of time and being on time can be quite a change.  Find and talk to some people in your home country who have done what you are thinking of doing, it will help you and your future wife.  You will probably be talking to people older than you, but that should not matter.

Oh I see that its quite difficult to bring her to the UK. Yes you are right I should not have proposed to her until I had met her. I will follow your advice and the advice of many others here to take a step back and first meet this girl see how genuine she is meet her family and keep a wary eye for any red flags. Also hopefully she will quit this job finish her degree and at the same time I need to settle down myself and at least earn enough so that I can visit her comfortably. I will also try and talk to more people in my situation and hope they can give me some advice as well. Thanks