NIE renewal process 2018-barcelona

Hi,
I have submitted my documents to renew my student residency card (NIE) in Barcelona at the end of July, still have not received any updates on my application. I check the website for the result everyday and it says "en tramite". It normally took 2-3 weeks to get the result "favorable" for the last 3 years that I have applied for renewal.

I have asked the police office at "calle Murcia, 42" and "rambla guipuscoa, 74" and consulted with two lawyers, and also the international office at the uni, the answer I received was "we dont know, there are many applicants who are in the same situation and you have no choice but wait".

But I need to have my new card urgently because the Caixa Bank has blocked my account for an expired NIE card and they can unblock it if I submit a valid one. I also need to apply for a UK visa and I need a valid NIE again. My life has become difficult in Barcelona.

Can anyone please let me know if there is an office, so I can go and get information? or if there is someone who can help me with this situation?
I really appreciate your thoughts.
Bests

I think you mean your TIE. An NIE never expires   See below

You could go to the police documentation office and complete a hoja de reclamación (complaints form)    I would also complete one at your Bank too.   It cannot do any harm

http://icnlegal.com/en/differences-tie- … dence-card

TIE is first and foremost a form of proof of permission to reside or remain in Spain for a specific period of time. Among other information, it contains the holder's NIE, as well as other information on their status in the country. The TIE has the same period of validity as the recognition of the right justifying its issuance, therefore it must be renewed if appropriate.

Thank you so much for sharing your thought, shall I go to one of the same police offices as I mentioned above?

That would seem to be the place as I guess it is the one you have dealt  with in the past

Just went there
They gave me a number to call and ask,
After spending a while waiting on the line, they replied again the same, no one can give any information and I just have to wait,
I got the complaint form which I need to submit at Carrer Bergara, 12

Thanks a lot for the information

Sorry but I did say submit the form to the police

The National Police are the national police no matter what office you go to. 

So I repeat demand the form, complete it and give it to them.   When signed they keep one copy you keep two copies. If you have not received satisfaction within two weeks,  take one copy to the Consumers Office of your town hall. They will then chase it all up for you as no expense to you.

If you delay you will be in the same situation as you are now.

Submit the form NOW

PS  The following post would seem to be helpful  advice

PPS   I did say ask your bank too for  a complaints form as they are preventing you from accessing your money.  Again do not be fobbed off by any promises.    If they do not immediately allow you to use your account DEMAND THE FORM AND Complete.

I live in Madrid, and when I submitted my paper for visa renewal (TIE) I was given a letter with a file number and date, I've been carrying a copy of that with me in case I get hassled about my expired card. That might help if you can show it to the bank to prove you did apply.

The address Carrer Bergara, 12 is the same office that I submitted my application forms at the first point.
That is why they refer me to that office again.

Thanks a lot

Nasou then do that if you have decided to ignore my advice.  (for twenty years I have worked with the National Police)

Dear Johncar,
Please don't get me wrong, I really didn't mean to ignore your advice, but the guy at the door didn't even let me in, he started explaining the above Information and asked me to leave.
I had no choice really. He wrote the address and sent me out!
Please accept my apology, I am now confused what to do.
Really sorry, I really appreciate your advice and time to give me solutions.
Bests

I already have provided that document to the bank, plus my passport, my expired card, and the screenshot of the website that shows “en trámite” as well.
The lady at the branch is trying to solve it but she is not the decision maker.
Also, the account is blocked in one way, meaning I can spend money, but I cannot receive money into my account.

nasou

In Spain everyone has the right to demand a complaint's form from any establishment that includes the police (and your  bank). 

If you are refused the action to be taken is :  Call the Policía Local, who will attend, fine the establishment and close them down until the complaint form is supplied.  That is the Law and it applies to every establishment.   

If however you give up, let yourself be fobbed off (The lady at the branch is trying to solve it but she is not the decision maker)   then they may not resolve your request.

On one occasion,  when the National Police did not supply the form, said I would call te Policia Local. The Comisario (chief of police at the station) came to the office, admonished the officer who had refused the form,  then put right the complaint with apologies to the member of the public.

Dear Johncar,
I will definitely fill out the form, I asked the guy at the door for the forms, he gave it to me.
I am going to fill it out and submit it early tomorrow morning. He told me to submit it in another police office which is located at Carrer Bergara, 12. He said they are not going to accept the filled form at their office. (I have not done any paper work at that office-murcia 24- I went there because the international office at the uni told me to, I just went there to ask if they have any updates to provide)

As for the bank, again I will definitely go to the branch and ask for the forms.

I will keep you informed

With many thanks

I went to the  police office yesterday and submitted a "hoja reclamacion" there, however the officer told me there is no way to follow it up!!!
She entered the content of the form in their system and printed a receipt for me. She also mentioned that it's the same situation for all students and some of the students are waiting even for longer than 4 months - which is my case - and repeated the same thing that I have heard from others which was to wait until you receive an update on the website!!!!

Bests

I guess the police kept their copy of the form and that you now have two copies.   Yours and the one which you should take to the consumers office ar the town hall if you are still not satisfied after two weeks.

Also.  Did you do the same with the bank ?

I only have my copy with the receipt number printed at the top of the paper which shows it's registered.

As for the bank, I went there and talked to the lady and said that I want to apply for hoja reclamación, she in reply, asked if I have another account in EU, that would help, so I provided that; I'm now giving time until the end of this week, if nothing changes I will fill out the form on Friday.

Bests

With all due respect  you ask advice, you get informed advice, then you do not take it. 

I said ' If however you give up, let yourself be fobbed off (The lady at the branch is trying to solve it but she is not the decision maker)   then they may not resolve your request.

If she had wanted to put it right she would not have put you to the inconvenience which you have, and still are, suffering.   Had you completed the form and the matter was resolved you just tear up your copy, but you would have started proceedings and shown you are not going to give in/be fobbed off.    As it  is .......

But you may be lucky, however, with 30 years experience  I will be very surprised.

PS You edited your post while I was writing,  and added a bit more.

What was it about what I said you did not understand

QUOTE "So I repeat demand the form, complete it and give it to them.   When signed they keep one copy you keep two copies. If you have not received satisfaction within two weeks,  take one copy to the Consumers Office of your town hall. They will then chase it all up for you as no expense to you.

Now you do not have the copy to give to the Consumers Office so will need to start again !!!!!!

Apologies for bold but I wanted to make it clear what you failed to do, and hopefully discourage others from doing the same if in similar situations.   Asking for help is only useful if advice given is followed

I think Johncar needs to chill out and stop berating Nasou who is already under enough stress!

Nasou

Please let readers now how you progressed with the bank and the police

Regards  John

Hi dear Johncar,

I have done the hoja reclamación with the bank as well.

Nothing has changed, yet.

Bests

Thanks for confirming what I said about not allowing oneself to be fobbed off by promises, from completing the complaints form at the first opportunity

Dear DavidTowers,
While I understand that Johncar's input on Nasou's predicament can come across as strong, I for one am grateful to Johncar for his efforts to share his knowledge and experience, which, by the way, are considerable. To me, Johncar's input is evidence of his caring for the rest of us whom he has educated on a variety of subjects on moving and living in Spain...and even dying in Spain!!
The ability to speak one's mind is the strength of the forum like ours and I would encourage everyone to view all the information on this forum in that light beyond the individual style of the contributors.
Respectfully,  -nowretired

Dear now retired (assumed to be a pseudonym and not your real name?):  I have noted Johncar's contribution to many of the topics on the forum and appreciate him taking the time to help his fellow expats.  As a communicator I often find that the message and nuances are sometimes lost because of the tone of the contribution rather than the usefulness of the information.  Just saying'.