Looking for Fellow Expats in Da Nang to Link Up with in Jan

Hi my name is Frank and I will be in Da Nang for 10 days in early Jan to scope it out as a potential retirement location for at least part of the year.  I’m single, active military in the US but will be getting out of the military in the next couple of months.  Would like to connect with some fellow expats to learn about all of the cool places there to have fun, eat, shop, fish, etc.

10 days, not much time to evaluate, but you should give Nha Trang, Mui Nhe, Quin Nhon, and maybe Tuy Hoa a look before settling on any one spot.    Have you ever ben to Vietnam before??

Thanks for the info.  This will be a first time visit. How far away are those other places?   

Do you know where some good offshore fishing is and guides that do it around Da Nang?

flbeaches07 :

Thanks for the info.  This will be a first time visit. How far away are those other places?   

Do you know where some good offshore fishing is and guides that do it around Da Nang?

IF you highlight each of those city names (provided by @tunnelrat69) on an android phone, you can select "web search" from the pop up. That will open your browser with info on the city, plus a Google Maps link.

Waiting for someone to get back to you here with info you can search on your own doesn't work as well here.

Also, take a look at Google Earth (or satellite view in Google Maps) and you will see that the continental shelf extends far out from Đà Nẵng.

This is a bad base of operations for true sportsfishing, compared to San Diego or Baja or east of The Keys.

You can't get near the Paracel Islands without sparking an International incident.

The Cham Islands off of Hội An (Google it) have some snorkeling opportunities, I have heard.

I have yet to see one sign or Face book post about fishing in this area (Đà Nẵng) and the one Trip Advisor listing out of The Chams seems to be out of business.

However, I asked about fishing guides and charters in another thread a while back, and I was advised that, if that's a priority for me, I should live down south (again, see @tunnelrat69 suggestions).

My faulty memory recalls someone trying to do a long trip from down south to fish to the west of the Spratly Islands.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info.    I will continue my search.