Laptops

Hi,
A few weeks ago i posted about ordering a laptop from
abroad to be delivered to hcmc and asked about import
tax thanks for the reply's very helpful,i have since looked at buying here can anyone tell me if a company
called lazada sell new or are they re-conditioned laptops because they have some really good prices
for top named iteams.

I have already ordered many items from Lazada and have always been satisfied with the products delivered.

I was also worried that I would receive used or counterfeit goods.  But that was not the case.

It is always said in the article description whether it concerns a brand-new product.  You have to pay attention whether the supplier has good reviews, many followers and what for other products he sells.  If someone sells only one or a few items, there is a greater risk of getting used, faked or bad quality products.

You also have to choose the option "pay on delivery".  Then you can open and the package and check the product and only give money to the deliverer if the product is same as you expect. Otherwise the deliverer will take the product back with him.

Thanks andy,
I noticed their is a 14 days money back/return service
on the iteams as well which is good because i work during the day and thats when it will be delivered,so i'd leave the money and check when i get home,so it must be similar to ebay when checking the seller out,thanks again

I will have to echo Andy's comments. I love Lazada service. Most often deliveries are ahead of schedule. I only buy from sellers with good reviews. If you choose to pay with credit card (as I do) returns are hassle free with free shipping and many times they will pick up returns at your house.

Thanks lars

At what % would you be happy with the positive ratings seller? the reason i ask is i'm english and the reviews are in vietnamese so i will be going of the % ratings 75% and above is that about right.

goldenbrown wrote:

At what % would you be happy with the positive ratings seller? the reason i ask is i'm english and the reviews are in vietnamese so i will be going of the % ratings 75% and above is that about right.

You can copy the ratings to Google Translate.

I would say >80%. But I think the reviews are more about the product than the seller.

For me it is more important that the seller has many customers and that he offers many products in the same product environment (no general store, only computers and accessories and not also toothbrushes  :) ).

Usually 4 ⭐️ minimum. I occasionally will go lower if I it is a low price item.

Andy Passenger wrote:

But I think the reviews are more about the product than the seller.

Agreed.

You might want to take a look at his guy. I haven't dealt with him but he seems to know what he's doing. At least you can talk to him in person and have a poke about.

https://www.facebook.com/tinquanpc

Thanks.

I like lazada as well, but normal caveat emptor applies.  I have one mate have problems with a monitor purchased from a vendor in Hanoi.  They sent some repair person in HCM, who destroyed the whole thing.  It took him months to sort it out.  I recently bought some expensive network gear, and it arrived in 2 days, from an HCMC vendor.  Everything BNIB, as advertised.  3 days later, Lazada informs me the order was cancelled.  I assume they did this to cheat Lazada out of their fees. I am pretty sure my warranty is now void.  So far, so good.  I normally buy cheap Chinese tools, etc. and never a problem.

GuidoVN wrote:

I like lazada as well, but normal caveat emptor applies.  I have one mate have problems with a monitor purchased from a vendor in Hanoi.  They sent some repair person in HCM, who destroyed the whole thing.  It took him months to sort it out.  I recently bought some expensive network gear, and it arrived in 2 days, from an HCMC vendor.  Everything BNIB, as advertised.  3 days later, Lazada informs me the order was cancelled.  I assume they did this to cheat Lazada out of their fees. I am pretty sure my warranty is now void.  So far, so good.  I normally buy cheap Chinese tools, etc. and never a problem.

I would be tempted to report this to Lazada so it doesn't happen to other people

GuidoVN wrote:

I've had also some unpleasant experiences myself.

Since most providers are private individuals, there is also more unprofessionality.

I had already ordered some things where I saw afterwards that the data in the shop were wrong.
For example LED Strips did not have the stated LED chips. Or a motion detector only had protection class IP44 instead of IP65. I complained about this in the dealer/product review (but the effort to send it back was too big for me).

But you also have to be a little realistic and not believe everything.
For example, I want to buy a hammer drill machine. Several Lazada dealers offer the same Bosch machine for 1 million or 3 million. So it is obvious to me that the cheaper machine is a fake machine of inferior quality. So I would rather buy the more expensive machine. But the knowledge that there are fake machines at Lazada leads me to go to a well-known shop and buy the machine there.

If I need more than one of the same item, I order only one first. If it's okay, I'll order more.

When I need damagable equipment like a TV, I go to a specialty store. It is much less complicated if the device has a defect.

A few weeks ago I bought a laser printer for 2 million at Lazada (luckily everything was fine). But I only bought it from Lazada because it was not available in the shops.

I was tempted, and mentioned it to my regular lazada delivery guy.  He said there wasn't much he could do, giving jazz hands :-)  Lazada costs money to call, so I let it go.  I should have known when the pkg showed up so quickly, by a different delivery guy.  I will pay better attention in future.  Lazada uses some fancy analytics, so the vendor will be caught in time.