Eu citizen/Korea fiancee plan to travel marrying & live in Malta

Hi All, i am a Irish citizen, my fiancee is Korean, i have been given a Job offer in Malta, and plan on taking it. My fiancee is Korean, we are planning on getting married when we move to Malta, and both living there.

My fiancee currently has a valid Shengen visa, We have booked one way tickets.

Our plan is as follows;

(1) Go to Registry to book wedding date.
(2) I apply for my e Residency.
(3) Get married after 6 weeks.
(4) Apply for fiancee e Residency.

Questions
Will we have any problems with immigration upon arrival as we have one way tickets if we explain our plan ?

Can any of you see any problems with my plan that i may not have though of?

Will my fiancee require any additional Visas?

Can my fiancee travel to other places while awaiting her residency card?

Have i missed anything?

Thank you all in advance.

You normally apply for residency after three months.

She might have as you arent married and so do not have your rights - but you should be fine with the schengen they wont complain.

You can apply for residency as soon as you arrive, as long as its before the 3 months

I'd suggest getting married somewhere else first - you can get married in gibraltar after just 1 night stay in a hotel

I thought you applied after three months.

volcane wrote:

She might have as you arent married and so do not have your rights - but you should be fine with the schengen they wont complain.

You can apply for residency as soon as you arrive, as long as its before the 3 months

I'd suggest getting married somewhere else first - you can get married in gibraltar after just 1 night stay in a hotel

We renewed our residency in October and although the rules have always said to apply anytime within 3 months, they are now asking for proof by way of bills, receipts and/or bank statement to show you have been resident for 3 months!

F0xgl0ve wrote:

We renewed our residency in October and although the rules have always said to apply anytime within 3 months, they are now asking for proof by way of bills, receipts and/or bank statement to show you have been resident for 3 months!

hah that's interesting, first I hear it.  I went there recently - admittedly just for an address change - and they didn't even check any of the proof we took of our new address, asked me to write it down and accepted that at face value lol.

volcane wrote:
F0xgl0ve wrote:

hah that's interesting, first I hear it.  I went there recently - admittedly just for an address change - and they didn't even check any of the proof we took of our new address, asked me to write it down and accepted that at face value lol.

We were not asked on our original applications six years ago and in fact applied within 2 weeks of moving here, nor were we asked on two subsequent address changes.
I think they have now started requesting the information to make it easier to spot false applications which they have had quite a lot of apparantly.