ISP's

Hi my name is John. I come from Falkirk.
I am looking to move to SMA and would like to know if anyone can recommend a reliable ISP as i need constand internet access?

I live no where near SMA - but In Mexico I am very happy with Telmex as my ISP. Over the years that has not always been true - but we have been trouble free for about two years now. In many ways Telmex is more reliable than CFE.

Thank you but from what I understand SMA is a bit difficult with Telmex due to the topography. I think I might need an alternative.

I am talking hard-wired Telmex - not wireless. Please educate me - how could topography get in the way ? Our Telmex line is in the ground from the 'post'. We are at an elevation of about 6000 ft. Our service is 30 down and 10 up. That allows me enough to run a Telmex modem/router and a Netgear router (two networks). I don't work from home - but I could if I wanted to.

We also have a recently installed IZZI fiber run to the curb in front of our house but have had no reason to subscribe.

Hi John,

I have had a Mega Cable account for 8 years now. It's been great.

I pay 630 pesos a month for a bundled package of phone, cable, & Internet (20 mgs.).

Service dependability will depend on the particular neighborhood.

I live in colonia San Antonio.

All the best,
Melanie

Hi Melanie
Thank you for your experience. How about in the more rural areas of SMA? Do you get these services there too. I have been told that the main ISP's don't have service there.

Hi Melanie
Thank you for your experience. How about in the more rural areas of SMA? Do you get these services there too. I have been told that the main ISP's don't have service there.

Hi John,

I would recommend that you go to the local Megacable  office in person to inquire about service in particular neighborhoods.

You would need to take someone along who speaks Spanish.

Best of luck!
Melanie

Thank you.