What Banks Seem Favorable to North Americans

Okay Rodeo óver, now it's time for the "Road Show"

I successfully "Opened Checking Account @ Bradesco" same procedure,Passport,Permanent Residency Card,CPF, Drivers License, Registry Letter of Address,Electric bill.

0ne hour later the Account. It seemed the bank did not require a deposit, yet I made one anyway.

Check Card in 15 days, must appear in Person to pick up Card.

The Reason I was asked to Return on the 8th was "Carnaval /Carnival "
I originally went to bank the Friday before the "Event"(kkk) and it was late close to closing time and the bank knew my circumstances would take time that was the reason for return it was the banks first day of full service work after the "Event"(lol).

Thanks to all for the help.....Now I think I will cook a Brisket....lol..

Yeeeeeeeee Haw. Congrats.
"Now I think I will cook a Brisket"....... wait no meat remember????

Texanbrazil wrote:

Yeeeeeeeee Haw. Congrats.
"Now I think I will cook a Brisket"....... wait no meat remember????

Yup, it affects one's quarters life(lol/kkk). Just saw that on youtube...I gotta lay off the meat.

After the Brisket, laid it down with Mustard and Himalayan Salt, Garlic and the Kitchen sink , now we wait 6 hours, it's a oven thing. Need to got to the states for some liquid smoke...lol

Yep had to bring liquid smoke last year.
Take a look at the FBAR requirements for reporting bank accounts internationally. Easy on line.
https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-bu … ounts-fbar

Texanbrazil wrote:

Yep had to bring liquid smoke last year.
Take a look at the FBAR requirements for reporting bank accounts internationally. Easy on line.
https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-bu … ounts-fbar

I ain't got yo kinda money...lol....

I used HSBC for years but now Bradesco. Citibank is the best but branch too far from me. Santander is all over where I live here and in NYC so I'm using them.

Bradesco´s  ATM limit is R$1000 to R$1400 depending on the location. In the place where I live, I can even repeat that 3 times on the same card on the same trip. Bradesco has lots of corresponding banks in the US for wire transfers. They finance from cars to real estate.

robal

robal wrote:

Bradesco´s  ATM limit is R$1000 to R$1400 depending on the location. In the place where I live, I can even repeat that 3 times on the same card on the same trip. Bradesco has lots of corresponding banks in the US for wire transfers. They finance from cars to real estate.

robal

Thanks , it's on...lol...car and house....thanks Amigo....
How much for the wire hook up, is it based on amount or just flat fee?

Alascana,

My credit union charges a flat fee of $25 and it takes 5-7days. They partnered with Wells Fargo and can be sent in any foreign currency. That´s advantageous if you don´t want poor exchange rate from
Brazilian banks.

robal

robal wrote:

Alascana,

My credit union charges a flat fee of $25 and it takes 5-7days. They partnered with Wells Fargo and can be sent in any foreign currency. That´s advantageous if you don´t want poor exchange rate from
Brazilian banks.

robal

Got it. I'll see what my Credit Union is up to..
Thanks for the info..'

Ding,Ding Round 8, (b4 I throw in the Towel)kkk.
Has anyone deposited a Check from the USA in a Bank here in Brasil and just the facts, was the exchange rate fair, how long did it take the check to clear amd were there any fees associated with the transaction?

It is now a Dawg and Pony Show, yihaa. .... :/:thanks::cool:

No. Early on when HSBC was in Brazil and I had an account was told no foreign check could be deposited. Had the HSBC app where you can electronically deposit checks so I did that.
Now it has been awhile, but even most BR banks have done away with checks in checking accounts.
Let us know.

Texanbrazil wrote:

No. Early on when HSBC was in Brazil and I had an account was told no foreign check could be deposited. Had the HSBC app where you can electronically deposit checks so I did that.
Now it has been awhile, but even most BR banks have done away with checks in checking accounts.
Let us know.

Thanks Big Tex. I will just mail the dayuuum thing....it's allways sumthin here in Beautiful Bountiful Brasil. .....

Big Alaska. Dos your bank have an app? Most allow elect deposits via camera.

I did that a very long time ago at a Casa de Cambio when it was hard to get money from abroad. There was no ATM at the time or any of the conveniences like the internet. My bank´s check was from Chase Manhattan Bank, New York. I was busy investing in real estate at the time, the money was in cruzeiros and you can imagine the cambio´s
astonishment at the amount converted in cruzeiros! There were of course commissions
and I bet a very bad exchange rate. It was lax then because money laundering was not
rampant and funding for terrorism was not a trend.

I don´t know what your purpose is Big A but  I could suggest a few things that I know with a few caveats:

1. A PayPal account for both the sender and the receiver. You can send money anywhere in the world now just with that. Problem: PayPal unfortunately requires a 2 step ID to be able to send money to any person or entity. They require your cellphone to be of US origin. Putting your cellphone in roaming is an unnecessary expense. But you can call.
If you have Skype (Voice Over Internet Protocol), you can call their toll-free number,
no expense, just your time.

2. If it´s a regular occurrence like for a person that you know, you can designate one of them reloadable Visa for him/her. If it´s a dependent there´s also a reloadable card
especially made for them like a parent child stuff where you could even monitor the stores they shop at through your cellphone.

3. I mailed even cash through SEDEX (very safe). Even through ordinary envelopes! I just had to layer them with non-transparent material...

4. If the receiver is a Brazilian you can do an account to account transfer through the same bank at your convenience through your computer.

robal

"4. If the receiver is a Brazilian you can do an account to account transfer through the same bank at your convenience through your computer."

You can also make a transfer online to their account in a different bank - just need their account number and CPF.  We paid many of the big bills during our renovation that way.
Banco do Brasil's new mobile app makes it really easy; I imagine that the others do, too, and it wasn't hard before.

Everyone is saying you can deposit an US check into a Brazilian Bank now?????????? I can not deposit U$D in a Bank much less an US check.

Texanbrazil wrote:

Everyone is saying you can deposit an US check into a Brazilian Bank now?????????? I can not deposit U$D in a Bank much less an US check.

I don't think so.  I think people are talking about depositing it in a US account, through you bank's app on your phone.

Okay. He said he had a check to deposit from US. I thought if he the bank's app he could electronic deposit via phone. I did that several times after moving and started getting utility bills  and car sales refunded. Just click and it was deposited

Texanbrazil wrote:

Okay. He said he had a check to deposit from US. I thought if he the bank's app he could electronic deposit via phone. I did that several times after moving and started getting utility bills  and car sales refunded. Just click and it was deposited

It is a US IRS check, I do have the capability to take a photo and deposit the stupid check.

The last time I tried the system failed and failed and failed.

It's easier on my brain to snail mail the thingy and w8 (kkk).

The Check is IRS and it may have Anti-Photo Tech Crap (lol)..No Rush Uncle Sam's money is allways goood...

i finished my taxes, and the government will just direct deposit my tax refund straight into my bank account

"It is a US IRS check, I do have the capability to take a photo and deposit the stupid check.

The Check is IRS and it may have Anti-Photo Tech Crap (lol)..No Rush Uncle Sam's money is allways goood"...

Ok. We did not know that before.... I thought of living
along a border with other countries like Paraguay or Uruguay that accepts account in dollars just in case of a civil war in Brazil or any political chaos where financial instruments or institutions suddenly collapse. Then I could also deposit checks from abroad.

robal

Shutdown, we don't need stupid no shut down. Glad check came in a timely manner.
Some new learned today from all. Thanks

Not fond of PY banking system, but it is an idea since I am just across the river.

Tex,

I intended that to agitate you a little. Also that Alaskan immigrant in Brazil! LOL!

robal

They do give a better exchange rate if you can make it safely to the cambio and back.

Texanbrazil wrote:

They do give a better exchange rate if you can make it safely to the cambio and back.

I´ll keep that in mind when I´m ready to end my life...
Haha!

misterinternational wrote:

i finished my taxes, and the government will just direct deposit my tax refund straight into my bank account

Talvez, they usally like to mail the things the first time .

Did you file Electronic or by Mail?

I had to send my taxes to Texas..just wondering.

I mailed this year's also , mines are complex...

It's 12 weeks on mail to process (omgawd) ,,.

I did ask for direct deposit.

I'm still waiting to cash 2017 tax check...lmao....

Keeping it light on the Range and how the heck are you?

robal wrote:

"It is a US IRS check, I do have the capability to take a photo and deposit the stupid check.

The Check is IRS and it may have Anti-Photo Tech Crap (lol)..No Rush Uncle Sam's money is allways goood"...

Ok. We did not know that before.... I thought of living
along a border with other countries like Paraguay or Uruguay that accepts account in dollars just in case of a civil war in Brazil or any political chaos where financial instruments or institutions suddenly collapse. Then I could also deposit checks from abroad.

robal

Now you know, and if some Krazzy stuff breaks out, I'm at the airport....and 4get cash...lol

Texanbrazil wrote:

Shutdown, we don't need stupid no shut down. Glad check came in a timely manner.
Some new learned today from all. Thanks

Shutdown like 3 Mile Island and the Collapse is going to happen one day...lol

Texanbrazil wrote:

Take a Moto Taxi, they Allways make it back...if you survive the ride...yikes....

robal wrote:
Texanbrazil wrote:

I´ll keep that in mind when I´m ready to end my life...
Haha!

Let's All just take the same Moto Taxi, there's Safety in Numbers...lmao

Can one deposit money say at Caixa to a Account with Bradesco (yes I am the one/lmao)
Trying to get out of walking 2 kilometers. ...

Alascana wrote:

Can one deposit money say at Caixa to a Account with Bradesco (yes I am the one/lmao)

Uh, no, not directly.  But if you have an account at both, and you want to transfer funds from your Caixa account to your Bradesco account, you can do that.  You can probably even make the transfer online; you can certainly do it at a teller's window.  When we first got to Manaus and we were renting, that was how we paid our rent every month.

You can also break down and take an Uber.  ;)

abthree wrote:
Alascana wrote:

Uh, no, not directly.  But if you have an account at both, and you want to transfer funds from your Caixa account to your Bradesco account, you can do that.  You can probably even make the transfer online; you can certainly do it at a teller's window.  When we first got to Manaus and we were renting, that was how we paid our rent every month.

You can also break down and take an Uber.  ;)

Thanks, I usally deposit with the teller, so that will keep them busy.

I will take a note, signed by you saying I am your son(kkk/lol) and to help the gringo (lol).

No Uber the wake will release stress...lol

I have accounts at both so I will just have the teller deposit the monies ad when I get real good and recieve my cards I should be able to do it at the 24 Hours ATM.

.thanks again...

oh , will I have to deposit first to one account and have the teller transfer or deposit seperately  :unsure:thanks:

Go ahead:   somebody asked my husband if he was my grandson recently, so I'm getting used to it.  :cool:
As long as you have enough balance to cover the transfer, you're good to go; depositing first won't hurt. Just tell them you want to pay a Bradesco account, and give them your own CPF, Bradesco branch and account number.

Okay picked up Card Bradesco it is a debit from checking account card, it can also be used for time payment plan ( the credit side of the card aka time payment plan must be phoned in for authorization of purchase)..

Awaiting similiar card Caxia.....

I tried to use the card on Saturday and the card stated invalid...I was told at issue the card was ready for use (lol)..

Returned to Bradesco on Monday as I had a appointment to discuss the house and car, while waiting I went to the ATM and asked the clerk the problem,  he inserted my card, I did the biometric thingy and whoola succe$$, it seems the card must be activated at the issuing bank prior to use....lol...yet the clerk on Thursday said it was ready for use....

The house involves a "Consortium" or "Finance" as well as the car, the one thing I think is consortium buying requires less of a entry fee...

Uncertain on Rules of Consortium buying? For Bradesco.

The bank will finance 80% for the House and the Same on the Car that's without being in the "Consortium" in the consortium the rates of entry are differant and maybe smaller.

The 20% is required by the buyer.....me...

Wednesday I will check "Caxia" and look at there similiar program..

Will update on my banking adventures,  as of now we got a "Rodeo"...smh

Has anyone withdrew more than there daily limit using a debit card and being assisted by a teller???....my bank says if I withdraw at the bank using a teller there are no fees????

Hey Big Alaska, good to hear from you. Congrats.
No help on loans from me I wired money for the house and car.
Yes I believe Bradeso charges 1 real at the ATM and nothing at the teller. (Yes just looked at my statement)
Good luck.
Now you should get a line of credit to use with an approved loan that may help with your down payment. Then you have 2 payments. Not good.
I have been able to get more than $R2000 in a day. Sometime go to back for cash, come home and find a bill for insurance or car taxes and had to go back to bank to get money because Bradesco is not one that can take tax payments. (BoB, Itau does)
Headed to the States first of next month for food fix.

Texanbrazil wrote:

Hey Big Alaska, good to hear from you. Congrats.
No help on loans from me I wired money for the house and car.
Yes I believe Bradeso charges 1 real at the ATM and nothing at the teller. (Yes just looked at my statement)
Good luck.
Now you should get a line of credit to use with an approved loan that may help with your down payment. Then you have 2 payments. Not good.
I have been able to get more than $R2000 in a day. Sometime go to back for cash, come home and find a bill for insurance or car taxes and had to go back to bank to get money because Bradesco is not one that can take tax payments. (BoB, Itau does)

Headed to the States first of next month for food fix.

Thanks Amigo aka Friend, I'm on the same trip to Norte America. Papa needs new shoes and I'm all in on the "Food Fix" needs grits and elbow macaroni and velvetta
Gonna try to bring back some smoked salmon factory sealed and some syrup and pancake mix and some deet repellant. And anything that will fit, gotcha on the house and car, just need to buy the death rider...lol...I'm good pardner... going to Ohio maybe the Upper 1 aka Alaska? Pick up my gear and think about the 2020 visit need to vote early...got the down payments, just need to go amend 2 years taxes and watch the sunset and maybe buy a Boxer dawg or Caine Corso and look at the next 2 last roundup,,,yippee ki yea....

I will check on line of credit.... it's a slow walk, a proud trot and a gallop and all out ....watchamacallit.....lmao

With you on the grub. Found a small mercado which imports many foods. They had pure maple syrup from Canada and picked up a couple. Going to try to bring back some smoked sausages. may end up in customs' trash, but I will declare and see. All I can find here for sausage is just cut up pork with no seasoning. Thought to buy a meat grinder and do my own. but the cheap hand one started rusting... %+!@
Home Depot just to see it again. :(
More pancake an muffin mix for me also...I have a long list. Last trip agent laughed and said "Brazil does not have enough food for you?"
Love Boxers, but they are a hand full. Reminded me vaccine due on my "buddy" this month.