Business Visa on arrival for us in Siem Reap ?

Hello all,

We would appreciate some advice  :D

My partner and I are arriving on Wednesday / Thursday, from Thailand into Siem Reap. Is it simple to get a business visa on arrival ? She is a singer, and will be looking for work, and I am just looking to be able to stay long term. I have my own business but am I correct in saying, that we should get business visas on arrival, they last 30 days, then we simply go and extend them somewhere in Siem Reap , for 3, 6 or 12 months ? We have been in Thailand for the past 6 years on and off - but its so hard now, staying in Thailand, doing visa runs etc etc, and just generally compared to how it used to be.
I have been to Siem Reap as a tourist a few times, and really like the place, so we would like to give it a year there.

In anticipation, I appreciate any advice.

Best regards

Deano

The correct visa on arrival is called Ordinary visa.

After a week you go to a reliable agent to apply for a 6 months EG (general) extension of stay (EOS). No documents required. It's a multiple entry EOS meant for people that seek employment or start their own business.

Once you find a job or have registered your business you need to convert to an EB (business) extension.
After having obtained that you need to apply for a work permit.

That's it, good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Thank you Joe,

That is perfect, we will do exactly that. We arrive on Thursday.

Thanks again,

Best regards

Deano

You're welcome Deano  :thanks: