Latent TB infection

Hi everyone
Would like to ask if latent mtb infection with old scar can't go to GCC ? Especially oman country? Thank you for prompt reply :)

To go to the GCC countries, you will go through GAMCA medical.   Latent TB doesn't matter as they don't test for that.   The problem is the scar.

They will do X-ray and if there is a scar on that X-ray, then GAMCA will not mark you as FIT.

For countries which allow you to come on a visit visa and convert to work visa e.g. UAE/Bahrain, you can skip GAMCA but when you get tested in the medical here - it is the same story.  Difference is that you will get deported and probably banned.

Oh I see. But my second problem is my agency here they said they only affiliated/honored 1 medical center which I went through for my medical ... I'm planning to have my 2nd opinion though

In the end, all that matters is GAMCA.  No one else.

good evening every one, regarding the question you raised to visit Oman. because yes we are all a GCC countries, but there are so many precaution and regulation differences between all of us, so what is the purpose of your visit to Oman, is it for tour, or work? and then are you allowed to fly and enter to the plane? if your health condition allow you to fly with no risk on you or the other passengers, then when you arrive to Oman, you shall inform them with your health issue at the airport, in order to support you and provide you the help you required? and as ْX said, you may not be allowed to enter if your health condition is serious. hope i answered the question

I assumed that he was referring to being able to work in Oman.  Most of the medical questions posted here are from that angle.

With a TB scar in his lungs, there is NO way that he will be allowed to work in any GCC country.   He won't even get past GAMCA.

in this case, you are totally right, as he wont be fit to work, and as you advised he shall do GAMCA test or take 2nd opinion and confirm, then his application can be selected easily. Thanx Xtang for explaining

Yes for work.. but the thing is when I went to different clinical facility my xray result was all negative (clear) but my agency didn't honor another medical clinics only from their affiliated one

Yes they only consider GAMCA clinics.

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : please share your contact via your private message system. Thank you.

@XTang

Hello

Thank you for the above information.

I have a related issue in my medical for Oman, and I would really appreciate if anyone could adivise.

I've unspecified scars in my chest with no history of TB. I've got a clear TB history test, HRCT, and a fitness letter from the best pulmonologist in Islamabad - stating there is no disease in my body.

However, the Gamca medical in Islamabad has put me on pending status without any rationale. I am exploring the option to go to Oman on a visit visa and convert it into employment one. Can you kindly advise if this option is safe? Or is there any risk involved in it?

@XTang Hello, Thank you for the above information. I've a related issue in my medical for Oman, and I would really appreciate if anyone could adivise. I've unspecified scars in my chest with no history of TB. I've got a clear TB history test, HRCT, and a fitness letter from the best pulmonologist in Islamabad - stating there is no disease in my body. However, the Gamca medical in Islamabad has put me on pending status without any rationale. I am exploring the option to go to Oman on a visit visa and convert it into employment one. Can you kindly advise if this option is safe? Or is there any risk involved in it?

Again, absolutely none of those letters or tests from your home country matter.  The only things that will be considered are the GAMCA medical and the in-country medical in Oman.  You can try that option but yes, there is obviously a risk as the oman medical can also diagnose the old scars as past TB.

@XTang gotcha thanks a bunch. Its really nerve wreking to go through this situation as one has his/her career on the line. I have got all the tests to confirm that I had absolutely no history of TB and 100% OK. I'd pursue even if there is a small ray of hope. I heard from a friend that another guy had to go through the same situation and eventually he made it through. But as you said since there is a big risk factor, so literally it's getting on my nerves. Once again thanks for the response. I'd really appreciate any further advise. 🙏