Info on the visa system

Hello James.
I to am moving to the island. I was wondering if you had any info on the visa system as my common law spouse is from reunion but I am a Canadian.

actually, "my host" who i referred to, initially, is the one working on most of that. we plan to get married after i arrive. the thing i know i have to do here in the states, prior to leaving, is to complete a certificate of celibacy... which i laughed about at first, but she assures me that France is the "king of administrative paperwork"... albeit a bit outdated? ha. so... living in pennsylvania, i have to go to the french consulate in philadelphia, apparently, so sign this "in person"... which is another thing that astounds me, but she will let me know more about that in the coming weeks. i have no idea how it would be for a "common law" marriage. i can ask her, though, if she has or can get any information pertaining to that.

Thank you very much for the input.
Have you been to reunion island ?
My partner is from the island but had been living here for 12 years. We spent December and January of last year on the island and it's an absolute paradise.

Hello every one.
My name is Brent.
My partner and I along with son are planning on moving to reunion island in 2019

Cycy is a reunion islander and has been here in Canada for 11 years. It's time she is back with her family and that being said I would like to join her.
Any one with information on the steps I will have to take would be much appreciated!
I am trying to learn French and have a very strong construction back ground.

i have not been to the island. i'm happy you described it that way. :) i'm very much looking forward to the move.

if you're married, my host said it won't be any problem for you to move there. i'm in the process of divorcing and then i have to acquire the necessary paperwork, as i said, so it's going to be a bit more difficult for me, i'm sure, than it will be, for you. we should meet up after we are both there. :)

Hello,

A new discussion has been created from this post on the Reunion Island forum to facilitate the communication.

@CanadianB do you need other information that we can help you with?
How are the procedures going ?

Talk to you soon,

Alexia
Expat.com Team