Obtaining Australian birth certificate then aussie Passport

Hi. I.m Alan an Australia here in hcmc and 7 weeks ago had a son to my vietnamese lady of 2 years. I.m wondering if anyone can tell me if I ( and son) need a DNA test before I can obtain an Australian birth certificate. I expect I need the DNA done before  I can get his Aussie passport. Also my lady has 2 times been refused a visitors Visa for aust. Currently have an AAT review set down for 15 Jan. Any suggestions how we best deal with trying to get us all home before Xmas? Ie. Because of her substantial  Change of circumstances should we make another Partner Sponsored Visitors Visa in an effort to get home by Xmas. AAT will refund the $1700 fee if we succeed and withdraw AAT Review. She would apply for permanent Residency if after visiting and meeting my existing family she wanted to stay and also get married.
I.m in Australia now and coming back to hcmc in a week.
I owe any respondent who answers my queries, big time.
Thanks.
Alan

Just on the point of gaining residency, the Australian government seems to have cracked down on this. Friends of mine just got rejected and now have to spend another 14000 AUD fighting the decision.

If you enter Australia via a boat and are of a certain religion you have a much better chance.

alanjorgensen wrote:

Hi. I.m Alan an Australia here in hcmc and 7 weeks ago had a son to my vietnamese lady of 2 years. I.m wondering if anyone can tell me if I ( and son) need a DNA test before I can obtain an Australian birth certificate. I expect I need the DNA done before  I can get his Aussie passport. Also my lady has 2 times been refused a visitors Visa for aust. Currently have an AAT review set down for 15 Jan. Any suggestions how we best deal with trying to get us all home before Xmas? Ie. Because of her substantial  Change of circumstances should we make another Partner Sponsored Visitors Visa in an effort to get home by Xmas. AAT will refund the $1700 fee if we succeed and withdraw AAT Review. She would apply for permanent Residency if after visiting and meeting my existing family she wanted to stay and also get married.
Thanks.
Alan

1)Where was your child born?

2) Are you legally married to your partner?

post wrote:
alanjorgensen wrote:

Thanks.
Alan

1)Where was your child born?

2) Are you legally married to your partner?

You dont need to be married to get an Aussie passport.

Hi Colin, our son was Born in HCMC 8 Oct   we are not married yet. Altho plan to at first chance.
Aust Immigration has rejected her 2 prior Visitors Visa Apps in last 10 mths inc the last one which goes before the AAT in Brisbane on mid January.
They said insufficient evidence that she will return to Viet. Doh!
Which was hardly breaking news as it was a Sponsored Partner visa where we stated we were ultimately headed for a life in Aust together. Good grief!

We say there has now been a Change of Circumstances with the unplanned, Birth of our son.
It bothers me what you said about your friend.

Did he have any new born child to them?

I had always thought it was a right of an Aussie to marry abroad  and bring his wife back to live. Only question being the time delay in getting Approval.
Isn't that the natural argument of your mate?

Alan J

Actually the problem stems from many Vietnamese taking off. This then creates problems for others. Just because you are married doesnt give you the right to bring a wife back unfortunately.

If you plan to marry, are married to, or are in a committed relationship with an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you may be able to obtain a partner-based visa for immigration to Australia.

Sam, I will today file our Further Partner Sponsored Visitors Visa. That will at least show us what direction to take if they Refuse. AAT Review on 15 Jan 19.

She is just saying " Hey I want to go & look see if I want to marry this guy ( Me) & see if I can live with his Existing Family (inc 88 yo mum & 13 yo son) in the same house."

I will take his Son to show his Family & him too .
( Which is the only fair thing to do )

If all works out well, we will get married & live happily ever after in Oz with our new son.
But first I best go check it all out.
So Minister  Dutton please give me a 3 Mths Visitors Visa".

Well that's the story, anyway.
Alan J