Information about travel bans in Bahrain and ways to remove them.

Hello. I have a legal situation here in Bahrain where I am currently under investigation and I expect to have my third court hearing in December. I checked with my work, my lawyers and online about my travel ban situation and I was told there is no ban in place. I went to the airport last night and I was stop at immigration and told I have a travel ban.  Does anyone know a way around this, I expect to lose my job in December, my VISA will be cancelled and I will be stuck here until the court process is finished. Help please.

You can check travel bans online.  Sometimes it takes a while to update.

https://services.bahrain.bh/wps/portal/ … BIS9nQSEh/

There is no way "around" it.  The same court that ordered the ban has to order to lift it.  And that order is only given when proceedings are finished and the ruling is in your favour.  And even then, it takes time to sort this out. 

What you need is good lawyers who can help sort it out.  There is nothing else you or anyone can do in this matter.

Thanks you. Can you recommend or point me in the direction of good lawyers. Is there a forum or anywhere I can find out lawyers reputations or reviews on who is best suited? I checked the travel ban website provided above when I got back early this morning and it said no travel ban.

Depends on your budget. The top range are people like tamimi and so on but they will charge a lot.

I have potentially sourced lawyers at approx 200BD per hour. I assume that to be near the top range or mid range at the least. Does that sound right? I have tried to check their reputation, but there is nothing online. They are called Al-Shamlawi Law Firm. Have you heard of them?

That is pretty much top range yes.  And no, I haven't heard of them.

Thank you so much for time, information and help. Last question, do you know of any forum or anywhere you can get information on the standard of lawyers or their reputation? Any forums or anything like that? Again, thanks so much, I really appreciate it.

Also, I had my work check my CPR and I checked it online and despite the airport stopping me and telling me I have a travel ban, the work check and online check showed nothing. Any ideas what's happening with the travel ban check?

It could be that it is not updated yet OR it is not a standard travel ban that is applied by the usual execution court - for relatively minor offences.  But a more serious offence which has come through the criminal justice or immigration or CID systems.

I will see if I can find such a forum but I do recall that once when I was looking - there wasn't much information on this topic.  Dubai lawyers yes but Bahrain ones, no.