How to find a cheap kost in Bali?

Looking to rent for a couple of months. Budget is around 800,000 rp. (was originally 500,000 rp but some ppl say it's not doable for my requirements, and yet others say that it is and have been done... Result? Very confused me.)

Requirment:

1) AC
2) Double mattress
3) Western toilet

That's it!

I don't mind being anywhere in Bali, and away from touristy areas. Not too rural though that I wouldn't be able to find an Indomaret.

Where can I look around? I will be searching on foot. I've asked some locals but I'm not getting anywhere as most just don't know. They don't know even if i were paying double my budget. Some said it's impossible to find anything, anywhere in Bali for less than 2.5 million rp and literally laughed when I told them my budget... yet, the very next day I happen upon a kost in a brand new building, with 24/7 security and cctv, brand new furniture... basically a much fancier place than what I'm willing to settle with... for 1.5 milliin rp.
So yeah... adds to the confusion.

Anyway, I need to find something within 2-3 days.

Any pointers? Thanks a mill!

1) AC
2) Double mattress
3) Western toilet

AC will cost you around 4 million or so, maybe less if the place is small. You could use a portable unit but avoid the cheap Chinese stuff as they tend to be very noisy.
Looking for one with AC will generally add a premium to the price.

Double mattress - You can buy a folding bed settee for not a lot so I wouldn't worry too much about having a mattress in there. The foam only ones are pretty good, very light, and very easy to transport if you move. There's little reason to have anything by way of a full bed, a mattress being plenty on its own.

The Toilet duduk (Sit down toilet) is more of a problem as many Kos have a squat so that's going to limit you a little in choice and price.

To find them, just walk around the streets and you'll see them advertised. Newspapers and the internet will likely provide some, but probably at the top end of the price range.

Hey Fred. Any idea "where" though?

Purpleskyz wrote:

Hey Fred. Any idea "where" though?

Walk the streets