Moving to nairobi with an infant

hello...me and my family are thinking of moving to nairobi..hubby's got a good job offer.Pls suggest good areas for stay.Iam an indian and have a 4 month old daughter.The areas should be safe, apartments furnished with more expat communities, parks neasrby and close to the city center for grocery shopping.Kindly suggest

you can stay in westlands or packlands good security and indian community

Thanks a lot deeb..what is the average rent of a semi furnished 2 bedroom house in parklands/westlands??..also is 500$ sufficient for a month's grocery, veggies and fruits??

If you are an Indian who likes to stick with Indians then its Parklands, if you are more cosmopolitan then Westlands, Kilimani, Kileshwa, Brookside are good areas.

Mayuriw wrote:

Thanks a lot deeb..what is the average rent of a semi furnished 2 bedroom house in parklands/westlands??..also is 500$ sufficient for a month's grocery, veggies and fruits??

Hi,

I am from Delhi and just moved to Nairobi. In Parkland and westland you will get the 2 Bed room furnished flat @ 1250USD. 500$-600$ is good enough for grocery. Do not worry you will get all the things what you gets in India.

PK- New Delhi

average rent in parklands /westlands  from $1000  parkands is slightly cheaper
the amount is enough for your shopping