Electric Bicycles

Hi everybody,
i wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction, - needing any information on rules / regulations governing the use of e-bikes on roads or cycle paths, trails etc. Maximum speed or power with pedal assist - do i need to register it. Anybody know what the import tariffs are? Any site online which has information. I´m currently in mainland Spain so unable to contact locally and i cant find any info online - plenty of rules about use in the states and Europe, but zero in Panama...  thanks in advance, GJ

Rules? Regulations? Here? Seriously I don't think there are any. I only know one person (gringo) with an electric bike and he just took it out and rode it. Bikes have license plates like cars. Take your receipt with serial number downtown and pay a few $ and get a plate. I think is an anti theft thing, we know who that bike really belongs to. I've never been questioned before I got one, or this year with my 2017 plate (never got around to it) even though I've passed plenty of cops and check points There is a big Facebook group Expats in Panama. You might ask them.

Hmm i thought it would be a grey area.
I´ll try the Facebook group,
thank you :-)