Short term lets on a long term basis !?

Hi all,

I am looking at moving to Malta in June/July.The problem I have is that I am only looking to stay for 3 or 4 months and all rental agencies only offer long term rates for 6 months,or ridiculously high daily rates and I am on a bit of a budget.

Does anyone know of how I can pay the typical long terms rates (€300 in Qawra/Bugibba where I am looking to stay) but only pay on a month to month basis.

The €300 a month turns into €25 daily for short terms lets,and I am on a budget and cannot afford more than double the long term cost !

Surely there are alot of apartments lying empty that the landlord would be happy just to take month to month payments ??

Thanks in advanve.

there are many many empty apartments in buggiba, I was just there yesterday.  Unfortunately the best way to find them is to walk around the area and deal directly with the owners in my experience...

You may be able to sign a long term contract that includes a "force majeure" clause meaning that you can terminate the lease before it's lapse if you have to leave the island for a valid reason - we have that clause in our current 6-month lease.

Tim