Need Advise on Marriage Procedures

Dear All,

Is there any British citizen here who recently (this year) got married to Indonesian citizen ? I need advice on the process. Been looking on internet, joined mixed marriage group but the information is not clear.

My partner and I are planning to get married next year. He is British citizen. I read we need affidavit/ CNI from British Consulate in Jakarta. He should make appointment, email the affidavit form along with other documents and then come to Jakarta for the interview and get the affidavit.

But, from other thread, someone said now British Consulate cannot give affidavit, they only give you letter stating you are here for marriage (surat keterangan lapor) and its not affidavit.
You get the affidavit from registry office in home country (UK) but still come to British Consulate and they will legalize that affidavit from registry office.

My partner has emailed British Consulate but he got auto reply message.

Any information would be much appreciated :)
Thankyou

Altho not british i married this summer in Indonesia with my Indonesian wife.
Beeing Belgium myself i had to bring my birthcertificate and civilian info to belgium ambasady in Jakarta. There i had to get promision from counsil to marry.
My wife had alot of documents prepared from her side.It created alot of headace for her to get all document and legalize them to get our marridge registrate at civil registration. Most of her friends who married with foreigners dont regist ther marridge at civil registration because all of the hassle.

Ask your embassy and let your partner contact theirs. And have alot of patience. Good luck and if need info contact me and i ask my wife.

If he's in the UK at the moment (and the law hasn't changed recently)

Go to the local registry office and apply for a certificate of no impediment. They take all the required info and documents, post the notice as required by UK law, then you pick up the certificate.

Get that and the birth certificate legalised here

https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised

Job done.

The process to make it legal in the UK is here

https://www.gov.uk/marriage-abroad

If your to get married within Indonesia you must firstly ask the Indonesian authorities what documents the British National will need
Firstly is the person a british citizen or national? Huge difference as he/ she may not be entitled to get documents from the uk (if born in uk and mother and or father born uk no problem)
He / She may need proof of religion etc
The Indonesian authorities or country you marry in will dictate what documents you must provide not the country you are from
I married in Thailand just my passport and letter from british Embassay in Thailand
Go to gov.uk and in search box type marriage abroad it will confirm the above
If followed the law of country of marriage no need to register in the uk but you can if you wish
Check on expiry dates of documents also as you being Indonesian will need various paperwork also I would imagine?
Congratulations and good luck