Is it hard to find a flat?

Hi all,

I got a job offer but I have some concerns about accomadation. My company doesn't offer me any relocation package. Is it not possible to find somewhere without staying in a temporary place?

I'm seeing that it's very hard to find a flat. I saw many videos and read many articles about this subject. I'm married and I don't want to share accomodation, spend a lot euros until I find somewhere to live. Is it so difficult? I'm waiting your advices. Thank you!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

It's the consensus of many people who have been in similar situations to yourself that at least initially, short-term rental (such as Airbnb) is the best way to settle yourself into your expat life until you can find somewhere permanent.  There are many reasons, for example, permanent rental accommodation will require a significant cash up-front deposit from yourself (maybe up to 6 months rental) and you may hate it there; you may hate the country and want to go home sooner than you thought; we've even heard of people getting scammed and losing all their rental deposit for a property that does not exist, or has been scammed from another website.

So, our advice is always to try and safeguard against risk and make the best choices for you and your family.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thank you Cynic. I was researching this topic since 1 week, today I've refused the job offer for these reasons.