Driving license

Can anybody advise the best way to obtain a license to drive a motorcycle. Is there an easy way perhaps like attending a course and taking a  test?

Hey Stevet,

If you have a motorcycle license from your home country and you have a valid visa then you can get your license converted to a similar size bike in VN for the length of your visa.

If you don't, then you will have to take a written (in Vietnamese) and figure 8  driving exam. Check on FB for VN driver licenses in the big cities

Thanks for your advice, I don't have a license from New Zealand for a motorcycle so I will use second option.
Regards
Stevet01

Good_Man wrote:

If you have a motorcycle license from your home country and you have a valid visa then you can get your license converted to a similar size bike in VN for the length of your visa.

I will be arriving for good in January.  I do have a motorcycle endorsement on my US license.  When you say "get your license converted" do you mean get an additional VN license?  I won't surrender my US license, correct?  Just fill out an application, pay a fee and get a new VN license?  I'll still be coming back to the US 2 weeks every 2 months so I need to keep my US license.

SteinNebraska wrote:
Good_Man wrote:

I will be arriving for good in January.  I do have a motorcycle endorsement on my US license.  When you say "get your license converted" do you mean get an additional VN license?  I won't surrender my US license, correct?  Just fill out an application, pay a fee and get a new VN license?  I'll still be coming back to the US 2 weeks every 2 months so I need to keep my US license.

You dont lose your US license, all you do is get a license here that allows you to drive. Note, the license lasts the length of your visa, which is annoying for many people.

colinoscapee wrote:

You dont lose your US license, all you do is get a license here that allows you to drive. Note, the license lasts the length of your visa, which is annoying for many people.

I understand for the length of visa.  When I marry in April I will get TRC so can I assume the renewed license would be for the length of TRC?  I will also have work permit and be 49% owner of a company there so will have TRC for that as well.

SteinNebraska wrote:

When I marry in April I will get TRC so can I assume the renewed license would be for the length of TRC?

Yes, that's true.

SteinNebraska wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

I understand for the length of visa.  When I marry in April I will get TRC so can I assume the renewed license would be for the length of TRC?  I will also have work permit and be 49% owner of a company there so will have TRC for that as well.

You can only have one TRC, the work related TRC has a longer validity, so that's the better one to get.