My experience of moving to Norway

Coming from the UK/London, and with being a EU citizen with all the available advantages under the EEA agreement, it really wasn't so difficult to move to Norway from the UK. I settled in with ease.

The main obstacle was learning the Norwegian language; but until I'd learned it sufficiently there was always a place or two that I could find work.

Under the EEA agreement, as an EU citizen, it was not difficult to qualify for support if I came to be out of work; a last resort, but a valuable resource nonetheless.
But, aside from that, I can't complain regarding the overall turn out here in Norway, having studied, worked and enjoyed Norway's laid-back lifestyle; my experiences have been pleasant; the people are often wonderful, polite; there is the saying that they are not so friendly:) but I love my own company and space - a lot:)) So for me it's not noticeable. Overall, it is not for everyone, but I love it here, and it is peaceful.

Hi Gabriel607, welcome to the Expat.Com.

Thank you very much for sharing your insights. Very positive.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi Gabriel,
My family and I would love to move to Norway but as you said the language seems to be quite an obstacle. We have started to learn the language but this obviously takes time. Could you offer some tips on the kind of jobs that would not require proficiency of Norwegian?
Erika

Your post indicates that you are already in <Hamar... Hedmark>.

I know in the Oslo region it is possible to find Cafe-type or restaurant work where dealing with customers is not necessary. There are just 2 categories, but learning Norwegian alongside such work helps as well.. Also, see the link below regarding work that the English speaker can do in Norway.

https://www.lifeinnorway.net/jobs/

You are welcome...
any time..

Correction to earlier reply: I meant ''these'' are just 2 categories... not ''there'' are just 2 categories...