How can a foreigner secure a paid job in Mauritius?

I'm a Nigerian with a bachelor's degree in Building Technology.  I've wealth of experience ranging from architecture to construction. I have this Mauritius dream but I've NOT found a way to achieve it.  Is there a reliable and easy way I can secure a job in Mauritius? I'm versatile, so I'm open to opportunities in other field too. Please I need your assistance

There is no easy, quick way.  Have you tried an online job search?

Yes I've tried few but no positive response

2 ways to go though it...either you look for a job online through a recruitment agency.

Or you establish contact with a network whose members work or do business in Mauritius.

You might also come to Mauritius as a tourist for a prospective visit and to meet local business people. Mauritius is opening up to more expats in the construction industry.

Thanks....
But is it possible to visit Mauritius as a tourist, get a job and convert to work permit?

Jerylno wrote:

Thanks....
But is it possible to visit Mauritius as a tourist, get a job and convert to work permit?

Considering your profile, what you need is not a Work Permit, but an Occupation Permit as a Professional.
For this, you will need to visit Mauritius as a tourist and try to get a job. if you are successful, then you will be provided with some documentation that will allow you to re-enter Mauritius on a business visa and start the application process for the occupation permit.

Hi. Yes you can come as a tourist and make contacts and seek prospects. But no you cannot remain and convert your tourist visa into a work-permit. You will need to return home and apply there. Applications can be made online though.

Good luck!