American Refused Entry at Cebu

Has any American heard of being refused entry at Cebu airport because of passport expiration date? Many countries requires 6 months. Many countries don't enforce it. I will have 5 months left on my passport. It looks like I won't have time to get a new one before I travel on Dec 8th. Any thoughts?

Up to you mate, the only person who will let you know will be the person doing there job at immigration.  Or it may be at your airline when you go to check in, in America they may not let you board the aircraft.

Does it take 3 weeks to get a new / renewed passport in America?  (Aust it can be done in about 7 days)

You can pay extra and get it done in the USA in a week, would advise doing so.

Go to this site

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel … times.html

Also note:

Processing Times
The processing times below apply to all passport services.

Processing Times
Routine    4-6 Weeks
Expedited    2-3 Weeks
Expedited at Agency    8 Business Days
Based on need, restrictions apply

Routine and Expedited processing times include mailing time.

Expedited at Agency processing time does not include mailing time.

Need it faster?
If you are traveling within 2 weeks or need a foreign visa within 4 weeks, you should make an appointment at a passport agency or center. The passport agency or center will specify when you will get your new passport. See Get a Passport in a Hurry.

I'm currently in Thailand. Thanks for your replies.

Ok, maybe will have to do that. I will check with the airline.

Google Express Passport . Urgent Passport Services.

These can get you a passport in as little as 24 hours. Will cost you $500 or so. Or a week. That costs $370 or so.  But you need to be somewhere in the US. Maybe Guam is near.

You can overnight your passport for emergency leaves if you send it the express mail rate.. you just pay whatever the additional charges are.

Hi mate,

Best to go to your American embassy to find out. airlines may advise but they are not the immigration department so hence you may be stuck at the immigration check point in the Philippines.

Like for myself the Malaysian embassy does renew my passport for Malaysian citizens. Take about a day.

hope this helps.