Recommendations of things to see in Brazil

Thing that pulled me here in Foz do Iguacu after fishing the amazon, going to Natal, Fortaleza, and  Florianopolis.. Also lived in Curitiba, but all the outdoor activities, National Parks and being in a city with a short drive to Argentina and Paraguay was the place i fell in love and move from the US.
I love Curitiba and have a small condo for a change.
The airport can get ne to Lima no stop to explore those counties. Short drive to the AR airport which has direct to BA and go to Uruguay other South America countries, Also flights from Rio and Sao  which have direct flight to Houston, Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Atlanta. Coming soon direct flight to Las Vegas (0oh my i am in trouble) The warm people, low costs. I can live well
Foz has the 273 water falls in one place and beautiful. Not too big, but 300,000 people.
I do miss my American food fix, so travel twice and year.
Marty

Hi Texan,
     I'm a resident of Northern Virginia and I was so happy to read that you love Brazil. I will be going to Rio for a few days around New Years. Any recommendations of things to see? Local insight would be great.

Stephanie

Hey Stephanie
Rio is large and can be a lot of walking. Fairly good public transportation. The main attractions should be seen. Take care on beaches. From pollution to some people looking for personal affects and money. Personally I have friends in Rio and go with them and never alone.
Good time to come and get away from the N Va winter. One of the reasons I moved here was the weather, but I live in the #2 destinations in Brazil. (Foz do Iguacu) It has 275 water falls and is one of the 7 world wonders and sub-tropical.
Download Universal Dictionary (Dict Box). free and ca type English to Portuguese or Portuguese to English. Will do words or short sentences. Still trying to lean, they speak fast. Verbs go before subjects! And e before I which is opposite of US I before E except after C.
Enjoy. It will be holiday season and all Brazilians seem to go on vacations Dec thru Feb

Hello all,

For your information a new thread has been created from your posts on the Brazil forum.

Do not hesitate to share your experiences or if anyone has any other recommendations or tips feel free to participate  ;)

We would love to discover the local insights of Brazil  :top:

Alexia
Expat.com Team