Renewing a US driver's license

Hi guys,
I'm an American expat living in France.  I've been here for nine months and have fifteen months left on my contract, but my US driver's license expires at the end of this year.  I don't drive at all in France, but I do come back to the states often for work and usually need a car while there.  Ideally, since this is a temporary relocation and I'm only driving in the US, I'd like to renew my license in the state of my previous residency (Pennsylvania), especially considering the cost and time that would be required to get a French license that I'd only use for one year.  However, I don't know how renewing a license in the states while my residence is in France would play out.  Does anybody have any insight into how this type of scenario should work?

Thanks in advance!

As a GB national living day in Spain, I had a FL D/L prior to 9:/11.  I renewed it via a friend in FL without any problem

Hi, if you still have a US address in PA, just renew your DL during your next trip to the US like if you still lived there. I don't remember if PA is on the list of states that can be converted to a French DL.... it is really weird, some states can be converted and some can't. I was unfortunate to have a CA DL, on the wrong list so I had to get a French DL like the French do, a lengthy and costly process!

You can renew online, but no matter what, you need a PA address.
See here: https://www.dmv.org/pa-pennsylvania/renew-license.php