Is it a decent offer ?

Recently i have got a job in oman at 140 omr with all the other benefits also i wanted to ask that is it a decent offer considering that this is my contract in gulf apart from that i have 4 years experience in india as front office executive

and also this is my first contract in gulf and also in india i am earning 11000 inr

please suggest me as i am looking to grow my career in gulf so please suggest me as to whether this offer is good one as i do not have any experience in gulf

Hi SAURABHpat,

I will not comment on whether the salary offered to you is fair or otherwise, since I have no idea of your educational background, the kind of company you have worked with etc.

What the quoted figure includes and excludes would also be pertinent to consider.

Be aware that the Front Office jobs have all been Omanised a long time ago. Also, such jobs have been reserved exclusively for Omani females only. I am assuming that you are a male. So you would not be doing that job for sure.

Just so that you are aware, a full-time housemaid gets R.O. 200+ as salary per month. The minimum wage for a local (Omani) is more than double of what has been offered to you. That means a car driver in your company would be making more money than you.

It will be good for you to read through the 'Cost of Living' posts in the forum. You will get a rather good idea of the living expenses.